Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you! I hope you find something that works for you too.<br><br>
I've been wearing regular foam lined bras that I've also stretched the cups and misshapen the bands from pulling out over the top to nurse. My nursing bras are all worn out, and I've sent back all the ones I've bought in the meantime. I have a short torso and apparently the distance between my shoulder and the top of my breast is shorter than average, because there is always too much length in the bra cup-to-shoulder area even if I adjust it to the shortest length.<br><br>
I hate it that something so essential has to be so difficult!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bryden (18m) has been nursing on my right side only for the past 13 months. He stopped taking both boobs at about 5 months old when an ear infection made it too painful for him to nurse on the left side, and by the time it was cleared up I couldn't do anything to trick him into getting back on. I pumped for a while but it wasn't going well so I just stopped and let the right side pick up the slack.<br><br>
One year later, I am left with the predicament of being very noticeably lopsided. I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that I can't get a bra to fit me now. Before, I could get away with putting a nursing pad (I use the awesome cloth ones made by Motherwear) in the left side but not in the right (as I didn't need it anymore) and that was sufficient.<br><br>
Now, however, that doesn't even come close to helping. And nursing bras are so sketchy to fit anyways. They say to fit to the larger breast, but if I do that, I am probably 2 cup sizes off in the other side and there's no way I can wear it under clothes and look presentable. If I try to compromise, the right boob is left spilling over and in the wrong bra, actually falls out if I bend over!<br><br>
I don't have much baby free time to go bra shopping, nor is there a selection of nursing bras in my area. I have spent the last year wasting lots of money on shipping trying orders from various brands online and nothing will give me the support that I need.<br><br>
What gives?? I'm hoping to balance out when the next baby comes but in the meantime I have to do something. It's so important to have a good-fitting bra. Also, I am 12 weeks pregnant and just want to be comfortable!<br><br>
ETA: I found one bra, Nature Baby, that has adjustable clasps to help with changing cup sizes, but the only site I found that sells them doesn't have them in stock in my size.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I don't have any advice for you, but I feel your pain. I bought a size 32F bra from <a href="http://birthandbaby.com/" target="_blank">BirthandBaby</a>. I thought it was the right size, but after a few weeks of wearing it, it's definitely not. The band is too big, and the cups range from being puckered and wrinkly to being way overfull depending on how full I am at the moment. So I kind of have a similar problem as you because I have such a range of sizes on both sides during the day.<br><br>
I guess I do have an idea. A molded foam bra would hide the size difference. They are not often available as nursing bras, at least not with the stiffness of foam that you would need. Before this last pregnancy, I wore a $10 molded foam bra from <span style="font-size:xx-small;">Walmart</span>. I probably stretched it WAY out by pulling the cups down to nurse, but it worked OK. Or, there are websites out there where you can send a regular bra, and they will convert it to a nursing bra.<br><br>
There is no way I will get anything close to my size at <span style="font-size:xx-small;">Walmart</span>, but I am going to get a 36D and alter the band to fit me. The cups still won't fit perfectly, but I simply cannot wear anything fitted or thin with my current bra.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that I'm trying to find it again I can't! (But my OP sure comes up in google!)<br><br>
I'm on our laptop right now but next time I'm on the PC I will check the history and try to find the link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure about the lopsided issue (some kind of gel size increaser? A Boo Boo Buddy or 2 in your bra?), but the best bra I can recommend is the Maternelle. No underwire and good support. You can buy it at figleaves.com, here's the link.<br><br><a href="http://www.figleaves.com/us/product.asp?product_id=MC-E71-135&mci=&size=&colour=&image=r443-p335280-front" target="_blank">http://www.figleaves.com/us/product....-p335280-front</a><br><br>
They offer free shipping and free returns, easy to try it out. The band has major adjustability, and the cups still feel good when you don't fill them anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts