Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I am in need of some help! my dh and i have been ttc for about a 1yr now, and nothing yet. I went to obgyn dr and she did a hormone test on me and everything came back find on good levels. should i get another dr to do a sonogram or something on me to see if i have bad ovaries or something? i just don't see what the problem is. my dr also put me on clomid, i took that for 2 cycles and no good results from that. a friend told me to get a ovaluation kit, but does anyone else have any other suggestions? we have baby fever and i need to know why i haven't gotten pregnant yet.....

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Are you charting at all? I suggest temping and charting with Fertility Friend. I would also try acupuncture and traditional chinese medicine (TCM) YOu can check here http://www.communityacupuncturenetwork.org/clinics#ID to see if there is a community clinic nearby you. They have sliding scale fees and it makes it very affordable. The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is wonderful as is The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis, She covers more TCM stuff in her book. Mostly educate yourself and get to know your cycles. Unfortunately most doctors just like to slap people onto clomid. Clomid is to help you ovulate adn if your hormones levels were fine you are most likely ovulating on your own just fine. Plus clomid has its risks which are not often talked about by the doctors who prescribe it.
Good luck

·
Registered
312 Posts
Are your cycles regular? If you haven't been charting or using OPK it is possible that you are missing your fertile period. Do you BD regularly or simply guess at fertile time. OPKs are a good idea to help you figure out just when you ovulate. It is so hard to know why you haven't had luck yet. It could be bad timing of BDing, it could just be bad luck and it will be your lucky cycle soon, there could be issues such as blocked tubes or your husband having sperm issues...or a long list of so many other possibilities. If you haven't tried charting your cycles that may be a place to start. Given that it has been almost a year you might also want to start considering more tests.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
If you're charting and regular and it's still not working, perhaps get dh tested as well?

The mommy isn't always the one with the problems TTC... sometimes it's the daddy...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got the book yesterday and hope to finish it today if I can stay off here. There has been so much good information provided already, inluding some on clomid. For example, if you are ovulating on your own, then clomid can put an end to your EWCM :-( Best of luck!
Hugs,
-K
:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I also am going to do the three-part charting. Waking temp, cervical mucus and cervical position.

Additionally, I've also ordered the Fertell fertility test kit, which I guess does little more than give you peace of mind that everything is okay, or that something is wrong, just not what is wrong.

-K
:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going to get a ovaluation kit. I am trusting in God to bless me and my dh with a child very soon!!! So ladies just keep praying for us and I will continue to pray for you too and when two or three agree on one thing....IT SHALL BE DONE!!

keep the faith,

·
Registered
926 Posts
I experienced secondary infertility. After a year of TTC #2, I scheduled an appointment with an RE. All my bloodwork was normal. I did have a cyst on one ovary, however, and was diagnosed with endometriosis despite few/no other symptoms. Our initial RE appt was in June. I had surgery to remove the cyst/endo in mid-August (turned out to be 2 cysts), and we conceived the next full cycle.

I would never take medication unless I knew WHY I was not able to conceive. Get a diagnosis, if you can. And go from there.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I tried for 11months, charted, OPK's etc and did not get PG. My doc put me on Clomid and Metformin. Still was not working. The Clomid made me feel funny. I was having "trailers" in my eyes. Everything I saw, there would be a trail left behind it somy doc said no more Clomid. I begged for one more month and she agreed. I also bought a CBFM used online and used it and got PG that same month. So although everyone is different, I had no luck and was actively TTC every month for almost a year but I believe that fertility monitor helped a lot because the readings were clear cut for me unlike the OPK's. I used it again for my second son and got PG in two months with him. So I plan on using it again. This will be my first month TTC again and I don't expect it to happen right away but I admit, I LOVE the monitor and what it did for me. Worth looking into, especially buying a preowned one can save you a ton of money! Good luck to you!!

P.S..I also am PCOS and the monitor still worked for me and picked up my O every time.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bublegirl1 View Post
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I tried for 11months, charted, OPK's etc and did not get PG. My doc put me on Clomid and Metformin. Still was not working. The Clomid made me feel funny. I was having "trailers" in my eyes. Everything I saw, there would be a trail left behind it somy doc said no more Clomid. I begged for one more month and she agreed. I also bought a CBFM used online and used it and got PG that same month. So although everyone is different, I had no luck and was actively TTC every month for almost a year but I believe that fertility monitor helped a lot because the readings were clear cut for me unlike the OPK's. I used it again for my second son and got PG in two months with him. So I plan on using it again. This will be my first month TTC again and I don't expect it to happen right away but I admit, I LOVE the monitor and what it did for me. Worth looking into, especially buying a preowned one can save you a ton of money! Good luck to you!!

P.S..I also am PCOS and the monitor still worked for me and picked up my O every time.

Can you reset a CBFM so you can use someone elses?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Absolutely you can easily reset the monitor. There is a reset button on there to reset it to CD1 and it erases all old data so the monitor gets to know your body instead of who used it before.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Definitely get DH tested.... but, you know what? There is a chance that nothing at all is wrong with either of you. TTC is a game of chance and luck. It took us about a year to get a BFP, and we are both healthy.

90% of healthy fertile couples have a BFP by 18 months... which means that 10% do not.

I know it is disheartening to get BFN after BFN... but don't give up. And I wouldn't do any further testing on yourself until DH gets checked.

(Sorry if I missed that he was already checked... NAK is my excuse.)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Oh... by the way. Are you guys using lube? I ask because lube can interfere with sperm mobility. If you need to use lube to comfortably DTD, try Pre-seed. (That's what I used.
)

Just a thought...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.