Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i know my edd is still 2 days away, but AUUUUUUUUUUGH. i feel like i'm about to explode with anxiety and anticipation. i lost my mucous plug TWELVE freaking days ago. today was the first time it was "bloody" show, though. i've had 10 min apart mostly crampy/semi-painful contrax for 48 hours and i keep emptying my bowels...like pooing 10 times a day for five days in a row. my midwife says the baby is at 0 station and i'm 2 cm dilated. honestly after last nights contraction fest, i think i'm even more open than that, based on a cursory feel of my cervix myself. its very, very soft.

i keep getting high/trippy feeling and all weird like labor is about to start...and then nothing. i'm getting so fed up. i feel like i'm SO ready to get this show on the road and my body is teasing me. like this am the contrax were strong, painful and close together. now its just nothing.
: aaaaaaaaaauuuugh!!

please tell me i'll be in labor soon. the anticipation is so much worse than anything i've ever experienced. i think my lack of sleep is making me totally irrational because i've honestly had panic lately that i really never will go into labor (i told you it was irrational).
:
:
:

thanks for listening

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh, mama, you are definitely having a hard time right now.

Probably all your anxiety and stress around this is delaying things somewhat. My advice would be to find a way to really, truly relax ... even if it's just for a little while. Send DH out with your daughter, go for a long walk by yourself, drink a glass of wine, and then take a nice warm bath. Romance yourself, romance your child out into the world.

It'll happen. Even if it feels like it's never going to (which I totally understand), it will. And then all the waiting will be worth it.

Again ...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you
actually, i have thought about the stress thing making it be delayed and that, of course, stresses me out even more! like, if i could just relax and let go it would happen--but what if i can't relax?!?! its just my normal anxious-self being crazy...
last night i did let myself hit "rock bottom" emotionally--like "its not going to happen, and i'll go 2 weeks past my edd, etc. i'm over this and i'm not going to think about it any more". that made me feel better--just not thinking about it makes me feel better. its not good to obsess!!!!!!!!!
i also am reminding myself that my body is doing lots and lots of work before the labor, so hopefully labor will be easier! its not "nothing" to have thinning/effacing/dilating contrax before the labor. so i should be thankful.
sigh.
so many women on here are having their babies right now! of course so many of them were overdue, too. congrats to all the new mamas. i know all your waiting was worth it, and mine will be too
:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Laura,
Ive been cruising this site waiting to see whats up with you, Im from the portland thread, anyway I second the relaxing and I am in total belief that the way that little guy got in there is the best way to get him out. Send the dd to the grandparents and have a little wine and some you time with the hubby,
:

Good Luck and all of us on the portland board are wishing you a relaxing peaceful time with labor. Take care and hugs

Angie

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffybutt View Post
Laura,
Ive been cruising this site waiting to see whats up with you, Im from the portland thread, anyway I second the relaxing and I am in total belief that the way that little guy got in there is the best way to get him out. Send the dd to the grandparents and have a little wine and some you time with the hubby,
:

Good Luck and all of us on the portland board are wishing you a relaxing peaceful time with labor. Take care and hugs

Angie
thank you, angie. you are probably right. thanks for checking up on me

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm right there with you. I am due Friday or Saturday depending on US/LMP. For some reason I really thought I was going to go early. I've lost my plug and have been having contrax but they never go anywhere. Also my mom already took work off and my sister is on break for Thanksgiving so they are getting really anxious which doesn't help. I just want her to be here and in my arms. I know worrying makes it worse and she will come when she is ready but I just feel so impatient. hang in there, maybe we'll have thanksgiving babies!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lohagrace View Post
i keep emptying my bowels...like pooing 10 times a day for five days in a row.
Not from your DDC, but close enough! I'm 38 weeks today, I haven't lost my plug yet fully, just bits and pieces of it here and there, but I TOTALLY am with you on the pooing like 10 times a day for the past 3 days. It's not really like diareah (sorry about the spelling) but not my normal prenatal vitaman poo either! Sorry for the TMI. I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary that would make me go that much, so maybe my body is just cleaning its self out! I totally feel you too on the contrax thing! On Sunday night, I had a good 3-4 hours of 10-15 minutes apart contrax, strong enough that I had to stop and breath thru them, and to freak my dh out a bit, but then they just STOPPED! WTHeck? Then I've been having them on and off, feeling like I do right before my period is about to start, really crampy, not painful, persay, just annoying! When I went to see my OB on Friday, I wasn't even dialated! I haven't done a self exam yet mostly because my cervix is quite far back (I have a tilted uterus tipped towards the back) but maybe I should have my DH help
. I heard that jumping on a trampoline can start labor??? Wish I could be of more help, but you aren't alone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.