Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a sling to comfortably carry my 22lb 8 mos old. I have a home-made one from my mil that I use now but it's not that comfortable. It's a light denim material and doesn't give much on my shoulder. I would like it to be a little more flexible. Are padded shoulders better for heavier babies? I am only comforable using the hip carry position and I can slide him horizontally when sleeping but I'd love to be albe to nurse in public in the sling. Is that only possible with small babies? I also have a 2yo that I never carried in a sling who I think would enjoy it but I worry that he's too heavy-37 lbs.
Thanks in advance-
Nicole

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I have a dd who is about 9mos and about 20lbs. I currently use the moby wrap and the babypouch and love love love
both of them. I have heard good things about the hotsling too and am thinking of getting one of those.....

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I am not a fan of padded shoulders to begin with, but especially not for a heavy baby. I have found that the fit is more important than the ammount of padding. For example, if you have a poorly fitting sling, no ammount of padding will ever make it comfortable. I have a hotsling and love it. I found that after about 20 lbs I was not too comfortable with my son in the Moby, it sagged after about 5 min. no matter how tight I got it. I now have a Storch and Didymos and love them! Also, Kozy Carriers are wonderful! I have carried my 3year old neice in all of these comfortably.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use a ring sling that I made. I agree that the fit is what makes it comfortable. I have found that it is more comfortable if the fabric spreads over your shoulder, it spreads the weight. Ring slings are also nice because they are so adjustable.
Yvonne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.