Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With dd1, I had the Nojo Sling. It was a ring sling, with some padding on the edges and a padded "pillow" in it. I really liked that it was adjustable, but I hated how bulky it was. It was tough to fit in a diaper bag.

What I'm looking for with my next baby is a ring sling that's not so bulky, OR another kind of sling that has a lot of stretch/give. I didn't really like the hotsling.

I was thinking about the Maya Wrap. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think your idea of getting a Maya is a great one!! They have some padding in the shoulder, but not bulky whatsoever. They are super soft once you wash them and slide through the rings (but also stick like it's supposed to). If you want a pouch with some give, go with a Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch. They Rock! I used mine until my daughter was about 10 months old (then she realized she could fling herself backwards because of the stretch) and I use it now with my 6 week old son, it is soooo snuggly!! There are lots of great slings out there, hope you find one that you love! There are also lots of great two shouldered carriers out there, but you sound like you want to stick with a RS.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
I've tried many different brands. I really love the maya wrap LP. It's an awesome carrier for the price. My other favorite is sakura bloom. Both are very comfy IMO.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
if you want padding at all, the maya LP is the way to go. though i personally prefer unpadded slings, and i love Sleeping Baby Productions - especially the slings she makes from woven wraps. they are heavenly.

you might also find a stretchy wrap nice for the newborn phase. my favorite is a Gypsymama (now Wrapsody) Bali Baby Stretch. you can usually find great deals on them gently used over at thebabywearer.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I agree with pixiepunk, the SBP sling is also a fabulous one. The new Maya LP looks pretty similar to SBP's. The old Maya had a foldover on the shoulder, which was eh, okay. SBP's fan out beautifully and are so comfy. I also have one of hers made from wrap, they are fantastic!! Personally I dont recommend the Zolo, I think they are hard to fan out on your shoulder. They are beautiful though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.