Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I are pretty committed to eating healthy but I think one thing we really need are healthy snacks. Otherwise if we suddenly get hungry, it's way too easy to fill up a bowl of cereal or toast a bagel.

Obviously there's, uh, carrot sticks. And whole fruit. But what else? I am willing to bake/prepare things ahead of time that could just be grabbed in a moment of hunger. Hopefully some ideas will have a bit of fat in them to help satisfy cravings.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Muffins
taquitos
coconut oil candy/fudge

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hard boiled eggs.
Tinned fish (sardines and ketchup on toast as a snack/meal is pretty healthy).
Dips and raw veggies.
Cold roasted meats.
Creme fraiche/quark/yogurt cheese mixed with horseraddish and rolled in smoked salmon slices.
Glass of milk.
Chocolate chickpea cakes.
Cold small crustless quiches (cook in muffin tins).
Roasted chickpeas.

HTH!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yep. They are so easy! Just put a tin of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) into the food processor with 3 eggs, 3/4 cup of the sweetner of your choice (I use coconut sap, unrefined sugar and have also used honey but can't remember how much I used), 1 tsp of baking powder, 4 tbsp cocoa powder and 4 tbsp coconut oil. Blend it until it is smooth and bake it at about 350oF until a skewer comes out clean. It works well both as a big cake and as small cakes in muffin tins or cake cases. You can leave out the coconut oil but I think it is dry without it.

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
Nuts (whether they're plain, salted, spiced, candied, etc.)
cheese
soup
homemade granola
dried fruit
homemade crackers
leftovers
yogurt
quesadillas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.