Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stacinator wool wrap that needs some snaps replaced. (It came that way and I have had no luck with either the online business that sold it to me or the owner of stacinator
: but that is another story.)

Anyone here replace snaps for a fee? I am not sure what size snaps it needs, prob. 16, and I am not sure if the other snaps are resin or plain plastic. Somebody please help me out!
:

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitten
I have a stacinator wool wrap that needs some snaps replaced. (It came that way and I have had no luck with either the online business that sold it to me or the owner of stacinator
: but that is another story.)

Anyone here replace snaps for a fee? I am not sure what size snaps it needs, prob. 16, and I am not sure if the other snaps are resin or plain plastic. Somebody please help me out!
:
The snaps also have to be the same kind or compatible. You should post a picture of the wrap, with a ruler next to the snaps. Pictures of the socket side, and stud side, are necessary to determine which brand you have.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, my hands are too shaky to get a good close-up with my digital camera
but if I hold the broken-off cap head up against a ruler it comes to exactly 1/2 inch. And the back of the cap says KAM so this must be a size 20 KAM snap, right? By cap head, I mean the smooth, "pretty" side that the world sees when the cover is snapped shut. It's white, but I don't care about the color so much. I'd just like to be able to use my diaper cover.
The broken snap is the female part of the snap (the socket) but there are four stud snaps that look to me like they might break as well.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Hmm, well that is definitely not the kind I have, but maybe it will help some other mama recognize whether her snaps will fit on yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts