Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8mo and another on the way. They'll only be 13mo apart, so I'm thinking a sling for the newborn will be really helpful. The thing is, I don't know a whole lot about them and I'm not sure which one I should try. I must choose wisely because I'm on a limited budget and it's going to be hard enough to get dh to buy just one sling. If it doesn't work out, he probably won't be willing to keep shopping for them. I wanted to sling ds, but didn't realize you have to buy slings online and went to babies r us and the only thing resembling anything i saw here was the dreaded nojo, which i hated... it was so bulky and ugly too. nevertheless, i really really tried to make it work, but ds hated it... he was/is very high needs and liked to constantly be shifted so i would have to take him out and turn him around every 2 minutes. also i think the nojo sucked cause the padding was too much especially with those rails and the pouch part was too big and it was like ds was going to fall out of it. im thinking maybe the ring sling?? how are they with newborns? and should i go with padding or no? i don't like too much bulk, but i have a small frame and get worn down easily and thought maybe some light padding on the shoulder might be good. or is it not nessecary? sorry the post is so long!

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you're on a really strict budget, mamatoto.org has some great instructions for making your own wrap (even without knowing how to sew).<br><br>
You might also want to look into something like a mei tai. You can find good ones used at good prices. If you sew, there are good instructions here: <a href="http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/#abc" target="_blank">http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/#abc</a><br><br>
Either a wrap or a mei tai would be great for you because you could also use them with your older baby. 13 months is definitely not too old to be worn, and you may find that wearing your older baby will help alot with all of the adjustments that come with a new sibling.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I'm parital to the UpMama (.com) ring sling. It's a hybrid so its easy peasy to learn and good from newborn to toddler. It has less adjusting that a regular ring sling and is super easy to get secure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts