Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im ready to throw in the towel.

lucien's pooped on the carpetting three times in the last two days. i have yet to detect any real signs from him. ive tried timing and he just wont go (in fact a few times i really think his stopped as i put him on the potty) he HATES the potty. he squirms, he screams, he wont sit on it, in fact even if i bring it over where we are, he voices his displeasure.

its just so difficult, he can go for hours bare-butted but the second i put him in a diaper, he goes. i think hes "saving" it for then, or for naps.

what do i do??

*WAHHHHHH*

·
Registered
710 Posts
I am no expert, but I just wanted to tell you that it will all work out. He might never cue, if I understand correctly, or it might be that you're still learning his cues. My impression is that you're new to ec; please forgive me if I'm mistaken. Focus on the communication part; if he's communicating "no", then respect that. Even his refusal and your acknowledgement of it is communication, and that's the road you want to be on.

And- trust that someone wiser and more experienced will reply to this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.