Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I can no longer stand the intensity of DSs nursing. I have tried a number of strategies dont offer dont refuse.</p>
<p>Trying to limit nursing to sertain times of the day. limiting the length of nursing sessions weaning cold turkey.. I have been tandem nursing DS1 and DS2 for over a year now and I think DS2 is less demanding for nursing than DS1.</p>
<p>DS I am sure would nurse constantly if I allowed him to. I didn't even get my cycles back until DS1 was over 2 yrs old.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tandem nursed DD and DS 1 for a year and a half before weaning DD. She was certainly not as stubborn as ds1 with the weaning. Althought she was an avid nurser who nursed until 3 1/2 and did not respect any kind of nursing boundries. We ended up weaning cold turkey and after about a week she gave up and stopped asking for the most part. After DS2 arrived she did nurse a couple more times.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS1 barely eats even during the time when we have been attempting to wean cold turkey. He has frequent night terrors and  constantly asks to nurse day and night.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am at a loss what to do with him. When I try to limit in any way he has an all out melt down and seems completely lost.  He also acts out severely.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any advice would be appreciated. </p>

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
<p>Is this the child who is over 4 y/o?  Ir the child who is 13 mos?</p>

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
<p>I was just about to post the very same thing. I have no advice, but will be checking back for answers. :)</p>

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>This is the child who is over 4.</p>

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
<p>And <span class="pmenuShow" id="user_pMenu-56182">D_McG, she's talking about the 4 yo :)</span></p>

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
<p>Oops, that's a load of cross posting!</p>

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
<p>Does the 4 year old have any known food sensitivities/intolerances/allergies?  Is he nursing alot because it's what he can handle?</p>
<p>Are you replacing nursing sessions with other positive interactions?  Does he want to nurse to connect with you?</p>
<p>Good luck!</p>
<p>~maddymama</p>

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<p>I suspect a possible dairy allergy.</p>
<p>He was really sensitive to it when he was younger.For the first year I had to completely cut it out of my diet. DS2 is the same.</p>
<p>It figures because cream cheese was one of few things I could actually count on him eating any amount of besides junk I would rather him not have at all.</p>
<p>We still cosleep and snuggle lots but DS1 never is satisfied with just a snuggle. he wants nanas too.</p>
<p> He also asks why  ds2 can have nanas on demand .He asks specifically for nanas milk but says it is yucky out of a cup. (I know I have a lipase issue with pumped milk.)</p>
<p>He has always been what I would consider high needs and would never take a bottle, soother or even really a sippy cup until he was about 18 mos. about the same time he really showed any interest in eating anything.</p>

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
<p>hmm - a 4 year old with that level of anxiety and who doesn't eat much would have me worried.  At that age (I have a child that age) I'd expect them to be more flexible.  Is he delayed in other areas too?  Has he ever been evaluated?</p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts