Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I just started looking into cloth diapers. I've known I wanted to cloth diaper for awhile, I just hadn't put any thought into until now. I'm thinking I will probably go with kissaluvs because I've heard great things about them from others on-line. My one question about them is: Do you have to use a liner or a cover with them or are they just all in one? Sorry if this is stupid, but I just want to know what I need to buy.

Thanks in advance!

Erin

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Erin,
I'm an Erin, too! Welcome! Yes, Kissaluv 0s are great. They need covers. I liked Bummis SIWW and Prowraps at that age (check www.naturalbabies.com to see these). You might want some with the umbilical snap down. You don't need doublers (or liners), although if your child ends up as a heavy wetter, they might be nice. Kissaluvs aren't the most absorbant around.

Keep in mind that you're gonna need a lot of diapers, which can get expensive. Sometimes Ronan went through 18 a day! We supplemented with infant CPFs (chinese prefolds).

hth,
Erin

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Kissaluvs do not have a waterproof layer, so you would need a cover for them. Although some folks use them without a cover and just change as soon as they notice baby is wet.

Congratulations, by the way!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Just peeking in to recommend Nanipoos over Kissaluvs. Nanipoos.

They're cheaper and you can pic your fabrics and have a nice micro lining. Plus, they're WAHM. I did not have a good experience with Kissaluvs, IMO they are not at all absorbent.

OK, butting out now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts