Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found out that it looks like I'm going to have to find some sort of way to bring in some income. I will not leave my baby and send her to daycare or anything, since that goes against my personal convictions (nothing against daycare, it's just not for me) and paying for it would defeat the purpose.<br><br>
Anyway, I'm looking for a reliable WAH job that doesn't have too much of an initial investment. I can't do in-home childcare, and I spent some time last year doing the GPT stuff but I just never felt totally comfortable with that (not sure why...I'm open to being re-convinced, though LOL). I'd like to at one point start up a business making CD's, slings, and the such, but that's more of an initial investment that we'd like to make right now. I could teach piano lessons but we don't have a piano (and don't want to take DD to people's homes in order to do so).<br><br>
Anyway, I just need some ideas.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I'd try GPTs again, maybe just do enough that you can startup another business? I did the samething, tried GPTs a while ago and felt uneasy about it, but then I started them again about 2 weeks ago and things are working really well! West is a company where you take incoming customer service calls that I just signed up for too, they look okay. No startup cost for them other than time.<br><br>
Cara

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you have DSL/Cable internet and can type 1-handed (while nursing baby) you can probably make a little money with Amazon Mechanical Turk:<a href="http://www.mechturk.com" target="_blank">www.mechturk.com</a><br><br>
The jobs there are short (1-15minutes) and the payment is listed for each. Lots of transcription work there.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
From what I hear, you can rent pianos for about $20-$30/mo, and they keep them tuned and all.<br><br>
Sewing - some people start with just $10 and sell on Etsy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts