Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I shouldn't be worried about this right now since I am only 24 weeks. But I am scared that I will have a breech birth that ends in complications. And it doesn't help that I had two or three dreams last night where this happened. Are there some good places to look and research this? And is it possible to avoid complications with different positions? TIA

· Registered
2,308 Posts
Breech doesn't necessarily mean you will have complications but it does make UCing trickier (from what I understand). Emergency childbirth has a section on breech births. I think there might be some information in the stickies at the top of the forum too.

· Registered
27 Posts
Emergency Childbirth does have info about about delivering breech. And according to the author, only 4% of babies are born breech, so there's a good chance you won't have to face this. Your dreams are probably linked to your waking fears rather than a premonition, but it's always best to have your mind at ease regardless.

Check out Spiritual Midwifery as well--there are several good breech stories in there along with a whooole bunch of other natural birth stories that will make you feel good and get some more positive thoughts going in your head. Peace to you

· Registered
2,991 Posts
My best friend, who's on this board and will likely chime in but is sick right now, just had a breech UC 5 weeks ago. She'll be happy to tell you how NORMAL it went.

I had an assisted breech footling birth 3 months ago. I say "assisted" because there were midwives there but they didn't DO anything to assist her birth. I just pushed her right out, followed shortly by her head first brother.

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, everyone, for your great responses. After a good night sleep and a bit of soul searching, I am feeling better about things this morning. emroki-I think you are right about it not being a premonition, but outside fears.

This pg is just a little different because I know the baby is feet down right now and none of my other babies were in that position. They were all head down from the beginning. So, I figure I'll learn about breech births to be prepared and not worry about it. Because like all of you said, it shouldn't be a problem.

mommyintraining and white_queen, those pictures and the story is awesome. My little dds were looking at them with me and were fascinated.

· Registered
146 Posts
It is early, like you said, to worry about positioning. But, do just deal with the fears you have and you will come to your UC more prepared. Dreams help you work through those subconscious/conscious fears. I agree that it isn't a premonition, but outside fears or lurking concerns asking to be addressed. Do empower yourself with research on how to handle those situations.
On another reassuring note, I have had two of my children born breech(both were UCs-separate births, not twins) and the babies and I were fine.

· Registered
479 Posts
My first was a c/s because she was breech. It was my first so I did the doctor thing. Long story short I believe the doctor caused my breech baby by telling me my baby was head down when she wasn't.

After much research after her birth I learned how normal frank breech births are and should be.

I still worry about having a breech baby because of the stigma the medical community has placed on them, as being so "dangerous".

With my last pregnancy DS was breech late in the pregnancy. I was extremely greatful to have had a great holistic chiropractor. She has a therapist who deals with polarity and energy among othe things. Any ways without touching me he did this thing that changed the baby's polarity. It was the weirdest, most relaxing, most crazy feeling I ever had before. After the session I had to rubsome essential oil on my belly at home. They said it could take a day or two for the baby to turn, but my baby turned pretty much right after I got home and relaxed in the recliner to rub the oil on my belly.

I was between 34 or 36 weeks along when we did this. Baby stayed in position and I birthed vaginally.

I'd highly recommend at least a chiropractor to help if baby is still breech in 10 weeks. But at 24 weeks you still have plenty of time for baby to turn.

Good luck!

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by vesper0 View Post
It is early, like you said, to worry about positioning. But, do just deal with the fears you have and you will come to your UC more prepared. Dreams help you work through those subconscious/conscious fears. I agree that it isn't a premonition, but outside fears or lurking concerns asking to be addressed. Do empower yourself with research on how to handle those situations.
On another reassuring note, I have had two of my children born breech(both were UCs-separate births, not twins) and the babies and I were fine.
That is just what I am thinking. And my main fear yesterday was that it WAS a premonition. I didn't want to have to go through a bunch of trauma from an emergency c/s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCmamaToMany View Post
My first was a c/s because she was breech. It was my first so I did the doctor thing. Long story short I believe the doctor caused my breech baby by telling me my baby was head down when she wasn't.

After much research after her birth I learned how normal frank breech births are and should be.

I still worry about having a breech baby because of the stigma the medical community has placed on them, as being so "dangerous".

With my last pregnancy DS was breech late in the pregnancy. I was extremely greatful to have had a great holistic chiropractor. She has a therapist who deals with polarity and energy among othe things. Any ways without touching me he did this thing that changed the baby's polarity. It was the weirdest, most relaxing, most crazy feeling I ever had before. After the session I had to rubsome essential oil on my belly at home. They said it could take a day or two for the baby to turn, but my baby turned pretty much right after I got home and relaxed in the recliner to rub the oil on my belly.

I was between 34 or 36 weeks along when we did this. Baby stayed in position and I birthed vaginally.

I'd highly recommend at least a chiropractor to help if baby is still breech in 10 weeks. But at 24 weeks you still have plenty of time for baby to turn.

Good luck!
I am not really scared of having a breech birth. I've never had one before and think it might be kinda neat to experience. But I am a bit nervous if I do since I haven't had one (KWIM?) And reading the stuff online (that promote the med field) mostly talking about stuff that could go wrong scares me. So any links or books on it would be great. I don't like the stuff I'm finding that says 'such and such could go wrong so just get a c/s'. And another question. When feeling babe's position, when you move his/her bottom than the whole body moves, right? TIA

· Registered
100 Posts
Hey there, I had a breech birth 5 weeks ago. I had been preoccupied with her position the entire last trimester. I was almost nutty about it, a characteristic not normal for me in pregnancy. Finally, I had to just give in and decided that it did not matter. I did a bit a research and decided that I did trust my body and that I could do what I needed to in order to get her here safely. Here is a link to her birth story and pictures.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=925953
Once I was in labor I knew regardless of her positioning she was safe and she would be fine. It was a very normal birth with little pushing. The actual pain of labor, I feel, was harder. But overall it was totally doable. Totally listen to what your body tells you to do and you will be fine.~Laura

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.