Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PHEW! I have 3 huge Rubbermaid totes of clothes to sell at our fall moms of twins sale, and some of these clothes have 'mystery' stains. You know, the ones that appear after clothes have been in storage???

Give me your BEST stain removal tips ... the majority of these are on cream/white tops, and are yellow stains. (I know it's not formula) I want to get these stains out as best I can, to be able to get as much money back on these outfits.

Thanks mommas!!

· Registered
254 Posts
I agree with all the above. I would triage them as follows:
1) soak whites in oxiclean, wash and hang in sun
2) if stains remain spray liberally with Zout, wash, hang in sun again

Zout is good, but I really like Shout Advanced for set in stains. You can leave it on the garment for up to a week.

Good luck clearing out the old clothes! I'm in the process of clearing out DD's stuff, too.

· Registered
4,337 Posts
The sun...My DD's clothes had cherry stains on them and we sat them in the sun and literally in hours gone.

My uncle always used Goop, the mechanics hand cleaner, it gets red wine out of anything.

I love Oxiclean also, and you can do a combo of sun/Oxiclean, but be careful it can make colors fade.

· Registered
1,386 Posts
I've heard great things about that oxyclean stuff, but I haven't tried it yet. I always use nature's miracle (I usually have it on hand to clean up after the dogs! And you can use it in carpet shampooers too) and I spritz a bit of that on stains and work it in with a little fingernail brush, then let it soak for a bit and toss it in the wash, works every time.

· Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here's what I used!!!

1/2 cup cascade
1/2 cup Clorox 2
2-3 gallons of hot water ...

I soaked for a few hours, then threw it into the washer and washed on warm. YAY!!! Everything looks gorgeous!!
:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.