Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>One of the mamas here put me onto Kiyonna.com some months back. LOVE it! However, their clothes are NOT made for cold weather, really (company based in SFO). So, I need some stylish and WARM plus-sized clothes suggestions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>To help you make suggestions: I'm 5'5", wear a 3X on top (which folks have trouble believing, but I've VERY well endowed (42G!) and I strap the girls down in a Wacoal minimizer. 1X-2X on bottom, depending on individual garment. I've pretty much got an hour-glass figure. If the chest can be visually minimized somewhat, so much the better.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I look best in strong colors on top: cobalt blue, hot pink, purple. My bottoms & shoes are always black (makes life easier in the morning). I don't feel comfortable in low-cut tops, but if it's something I wear a cami under, that's OK. Button-front shirts are a no-no, due to breasts being majorly different sizes. A button-front top over a pull-over is OK (such as a cardigan worn over a shell). I cannot walk in high heels. Comfy everything is much better. Cannot wear wool (other than my winter coat). I'm often warm, so layers are better...but I live in the Great Lakes region, so it can get COLD in the winter. I do have several lovely patterned shawls from Target I can wear over things that aren't totally warm. Skirts or pants OK, tight/short things, not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There's a possible new guy... :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Help, please!</p>

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
<p><a href="http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Outlet/prodList.aspx?provider=productsearch&cmd=czNewPage&path=All+Products////UserSearch=GreatSavings////AttribSelect=Size=%27Plus%20Size%203X%20%2824W-26W%29%27////UserSearch=Dept.Channel+ID=2" target="_blank">Coldwater Cree</a>k has some nice stuff that might work. (The link is to their online outlet in 3x) I find they run a bit large, but that might be because I have no hips -- just waist!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
<p>J Jill, Lands End, LL Bean.  All of them carry plus sizes and have great cozy sweaters, fleece, knit tees, etc. Talbots has some great cashmere and their pant fits are amazing.</p>

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
<p>Target has some really great basics in several colors that would work for layering.  I also found some great sweaters at JCPenny's.  Between work, home, errand running and such I find I like layers because they give me the ability to vary my outfits based on the varying temps.  For example, today I wore short black boots, jeans, a black button down (that has a jersey back & sides so fits comfortably---I'm well-endowed as well) and this <a href="http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=1a10938&CF=Grays&Ntt=plus+sweater&SelDim=1031~&hdnOnGo=true&Ne=840+4+877+878+5+961+6+29+3+598+11+15+12+506+10+23+585+596+1031+8+18+904+903+969+949+833&submit%20search.y=0&SearchString=plus+sweater&submit%20search.x=0&N=4294959029+4294949523&Nao=21&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults" target="_blank">sweater</a>.  I was comfortable in the cool of the morning but by mid-afternoon, I had to take the sweater off while we were out and about.  After dinner, sweater went right back on.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm loving the long flowy cardi sweater look with belts and a casual pant or long skirt.  Oh, when I got that sweater at Pennys, they had a bunch of solid color crew neck long sleeve tees on sale ($12 I think?).  I picked up a few.  They are rather light, though, so they are best for being used as layers under cardis, sweaters or open button-downs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For dressier/business wear, Stein Mart is my new go-to.  Love their business separates.</p>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<p>i have found a lot of great stuff that is wonderful for cold weather layering at old navy, and very cheap. you do have to do some looking, and trying on, but i think you would be pleased.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts