Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knit dollsand am trying to go to all natural supplies. I use cotton yarn for the body, found wool stuffing now I'm stuck on the hair.
It seems like all the yarn available near me has an acrylic/wool blend. Is there anywhere I can get soft wool to use for hair?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Umm... if you can find Wool-Ease (I'm assuming that's the wool/acrylic blend you speak of), look for Fisherman's Wool. It's natural color 100% wool, and it's easy to dye. I've been dyeing it with Kool-Aid, though that wouldn't give a terribly natural color for doll hair, LOL.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I got cotton doll hair from weirdolls.com and It is really nice

they have wool as well. Most stores that carry yarn have some small selection of 100% cotton (usually marketed for babies) or the sugar cone stuff

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Look in your phone book for local yarn shoppes. my favorite doll hair is mohiar, cause it's got that fuzzy look that makes it look more real. You can often get great deals on mohiar on ebay, so check there, too

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Look in your phone book for local yarn shoppes. my favorite doll hair is mohiar, cause it's got that fuzzy look that makes it look more real. You can often get great deals on mohiar on ebay, so check there, too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts