Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am looking to buy an extra booster to keep in my car because we seem to be needing them more and more as my kids get older and I am driving their friends around more.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My oldest in almost 7,  and most of the riders would be his friends, so 6-7 age range.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd love it be be comfortable and safe, but inexpensive enough to justify as a "just in case" booster.</p>

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
<p>A very inexpensive choice would be the Harmony Literider backless booster, $13.50 at WalMart.  It fits most kids very well and is narrow and light.  I generally prefer to see 6yos in highbacked boosters, but the backless is *definitely* better than nothing and is fine for carpool or emergency situations.</p>

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
<p>I'd get a Graco Turbo booster. If you've got room for a high backed one, I'd do that, as it's easier to adjust the shoulder straps to fit. You can do it with just the backless booster (there's a little clip you put around the strap), but I like the high back aspect better. As the kids get older, you can then just detach the back and have them ride in the booster. But I'd be OK with my 6 year old in a backless booster for an occasional trip in someone else's car.</p>

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
<p>I'd go with a high back turbobooster.  We also carry a lot of 6 and 7yr old friends and none of their parents would okay a backless.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-Angela</p>

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
<p>I keep an extra Turbo Booster in my car for just this. DD1 is in 2nd grade this year and everyone else is in back boosters this year, but I still make them ride in my high backed. </p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts