Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm throwing in the towel. Well, not all the way, but I AM packing away all of my fitteds that have a snap-in soaker. Fitteds with a snap-in soaker just aren't working for us.

BG 3.0 is working best for us right now, but DS gets diaper rash more frequently with the BG (probably because of the PUL) than he does with fitteds. I loooove how well fitteds allow his skin to breathe, but he hates feeling wet and I hate the bunching soaker. And the aplix is not cool as DS rips it off.

So now that I'm packing up about 1/3 of my stash, I'm in the market for new diapers and I'd love to hear any suggestions. Here's what we're looking for:

-- Breatheable. I'd like to get away from PUL. Are there any diapers that use washable wool instead of PUL?
-- A cute pattern on the outside, although I'd happily give up looks in order to get function.
-- Pockets are fine, as are fitteds with a sewn-in soaker. No snap-in soakers.
-- Snaps are a must, but no exposed snaps like GM.
-- I'd like to be able to go without a cover
-- Fleece, microfiber, or something similar that goes against the skin. Is there a natural-type fleece fabric? It needs to feel dry.
-- Preferably sized diapers, not OS.

Any ideas???? I'm thinking that I'm probably going to have to make my own if I really want something that's going to work for us.

Thanks!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Check Snap-EZ fleece pocket diapers, I love them. Only buy Windpro Light versions - the trimmest option.
Also you don't need to buy teir inserts, I am using Bum Genius inserts for them.

·
Registered
721 Posts
hmm...i'm not sure of a feel - dry natural fabric. i think fleece is your best bet there. fitteds and wool might be a good combo. have you tried motherease? the fitteds are OS and very reasonable. also the air flow cover is truly a PUL cover that breaths and we have NEVER had a leak with one. GL! let us know what you find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.