Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mamas.<br><br>
I am an MDC member of almost 3 years, a mom of 1 ds (28 months), a South Dakota native (now living in Iowa) and an academic. I'm working a book about law and politics of midwifery care and home birth. I'm very interested in learning about how women practice in states that don't allow homebirth midwifery (like South Dakota), and about current moves underway to change the legal status of midwifery. I'll be in South Dakota often this summer, and would like to start interviewing people for this project in early June.<br><br>
If you are a midwife and interested in perhaps being interviewed for this study, please PM me with your email address. Before you agree to an interview, we will discuss confidentiality, attribution of quotations, my timeline for the work, and any questions you have.<br><br>
And, if you're a mama who knows a midwife serving women in the Dakotas (through home birth or hopsital birth) and would feel comfortable passing on their information, please please please pm me. I'm happy to talk to you first about confidentiality, etc.<br><br>
Thanks in advance!<br><br>
-Renee

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm bumping this up -- I've gotten some PMs about my post on this and other tribal area threads, and I wanted to reiterate how intent I am on preserving the confidentiality of the midwives working in states where it is "illegal" to practice homebirth; I'm happy to share my research protocol, which lays out the protections I have built in to the process.<br><br>
I'm also really happy to talk with midwives in South Dakota (and elsewhere) who operate legally in birth cetner and hopsital settings -- so if you have names to pass on, please do.<br><br>
I appreciate it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i had a intervention free hospital birth in rapid city with CNM Karen Pettigrew. she works with black hills OB/GYN. if you google that you should find contact info for her.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for those names! I'll be getting in touch with those CNMs.<br><br>
Estirbunny, if you get the contact info for your friend's midwife, please do PM me.<br><br>
Anyone else out there want to help me find some SD, maybe even ND midwives?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Rainy, I believe you have joined the SDSCO yahoo group now? I'm sorry for not replying to your PM, with the way things are in South Dakota, however, we have to be very careful, kwim! Hoping you can get the information you need. Please PM me again, if you'd like and forgive me for not ever replying before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts