Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been lots of posts on this lately, but I am needing a little bit of encouragement, and advice on finishing putting this together. I am due in *7* weeks!<br><br>
Newborn size:<br><br>
10 KL 0s<br>
5 KL countours<br>
7 XS FB w/ inserts<br><br>
2 BSWW<br>
2 Bumpys<br><br>
Small size:<br><br>
22 FB<br>
22 JB<br>
12 infant PFs<br>
3 misc. fitteds (Might get rid of these?)<br><br>
3 covers (Bummis, BSWW, Bumpy)<br>
3 hemp/fleece doublers<br><br>
Okay, so what all do I need? Recomendations on covers? Do I need more NB stuff? DD was 8.4, and I expect this on to be about the same, and I can always use sposies if I have to (not planning on it except at the hospital). I am looking at the prefitteds at GMAR (thanks to whoever posted that link yesterday!) and I will be getting 6 infant prefitteds, and 2 snappis (I think) unless someone tells me I need to get something else. How many and what brand of doublers should I get. I'm wanting something trim w/ microfleece (cheap is good!)<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I would add more newborn covers. I am putting together my sister's newborn stash and have 2 doz. fitteds, dozen contours, 6 pockets/aios and a dozen covers. Most are newborn size, with some smalls too. I will probably add 6-12 preemie prefolds and some doublers too. It's her first, but I would be surprised if her baby is over 8 lbs. My dd was 10 lb. 6 oz., but my sis is looking much smaller than I did!<br><br>
I couldn't re-use my covers very much in the first 4 weeks so I used a lot of them. I didn't want to worry about running out and having to do emergency laundry loads. I like litewrap covers; they run a little bigger than prowraps IMHO. I also like Nikky's because they are so soft, even on the binding.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I would say it depends on how big of a baby you think you may have... mine was 9lbs and she never used premie pf and the NB covers only fit for less then 2 weeks, then we were in smalls... If i were me i would get some AIO's to finish it out unless you know that you like pockets better... i was in LOVE with pockets at first but now find that i like AIO's much better.<br>
Using the KL vs. PF in the NB stage will cut down on the blow outs so you might be albe to get by with only 4 covers and if need be you can always put a small cover on...<br>
Also what about wool maybe you don't like it but once baby starts not pooping so much at night it's so nice to not HAVE to change. Just an option!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd get a couple more newborn covers...something cheap, like dappi pull-ons (nice except for when they poop!) and prowraps. DD was 8'5 and only in nbn a few weeks. The prowrap seemed to fit the longest. Also a couple more small covers. I like to have 5-7. And wool is nice for night. I like fleece, also. Though, with that many FB, maybe not.... Really, you look pretty set!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yep, I say you need a few more newborn covers. I suggest Diaperaps or Motherease Air Flows. Breathable and work really well!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I had nb proraps, bummis and diaperap (liked these best )covers for my Kissaluvs 0 and they only worked for about 2 weeks then I used small diaperaps with them and they are working well now with the Kiss 0s but the 0s will be too small real soon ( he's 5 wks & approx 10 lbs)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts