Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been lots of posts on this lately, but I am needing a little bit of encouragement, and advice on finishing putting this together. I am due in *7* weeks!

Newborn size:

10 KL 0s
5 KL countours
7 XS FB w/ inserts

2 BSWW
2 Bumpys

Small size:

22 FB
22 JB
12 infant PFs
3 misc. fitteds (Might get rid of these?)

3 covers (Bummis, BSWW, Bumpy)
3 hemp/fleece doublers

Okay, so what all do I need? Recomendations on covers? Do I need more NB stuff? DD was 8.4, and I expect this on to be about the same, and I can always use sposies if I have to (not planning on it except at the hospital). I am looking at the prefitteds at GMAR (thanks to whoever posted that link yesterday!) and I will be getting 6 infant prefitteds, and 2 snappis (I think) unless someone tells me I need to get something else. How many and what brand of doublers should I get. I'm wanting something trim w/ microfleece (cheap is good!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I would add more newborn covers. I am putting together my sister's newborn stash and have 2 doz. fitteds, dozen contours, 6 pockets/aios and a dozen covers. Most are newborn size, with some smalls too. I will probably add 6-12 preemie prefolds and some doublers too. It's her first, but I would be surprised if her baby is over 8 lbs. My dd was 10 lb. 6 oz., but my sis is looking much smaller than I did!

I couldn't re-use my covers very much in the first 4 weeks so I used a lot of them. I didn't want to worry about running out and having to do emergency laundry loads. I like litewrap covers; they run a little bigger than prowraps IMHO. I also like Nikky's because they are so soft, even on the binding.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I would say it depends on how big of a baby you think you may have... mine was 9lbs and she never used premie pf and the NB covers only fit for less then 2 weeks, then we were in smalls... If i were me i would get some AIO's to finish it out unless you know that you like pockets better... i was in LOVE with pockets at first but now find that i like AIO's much better.
Using the KL vs. PF in the NB stage will cut down on the blow outs so you might be albe to get by with only 4 covers and if need be you can always put a small cover on...
Also what about wool maybe you don't like it but once baby starts not pooping so much at night it's so nice to not HAVE to change. Just an option!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd get a couple more newborn covers...something cheap, like dappi pull-ons (nice except for when they poop!) and prowraps. DD was 8'5 and only in nbn a few weeks. The prowrap seemed to fit the longest. Also a couple more small covers. I like to have 5-7. And wool is nice for night. I like fleece, also. Though, with that many FB, maybe not.... Really, you look pretty set!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I had nb proraps, bummis and diaperap (liked these best )covers for my Kissaluvs 0 and they only worked for about 2 weeks then I used small diaperaps with them and they are working well now with the Kiss 0s but the 0s will be too small real soon ( he's 5 wks & approx 10 lbs)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.