Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 2 C/S, hated them, felt like a failure as a woman the whole nine yards yada yada, baby #3 and the last baby I'll have is due 12/04 15months from my dd, I really want a Vbac and I know it's reccomended to have 18 months between c/s to try vbac....oh I'm rambling, I'm looking for success stories I can print and take to my doctor and say seeeeee it can be done!!!! I know it can! I want to do it....the whole idea of such a darn medical pregnancy and birth again just really depresses me......

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Terion,

Hi! I wanted to let you know that if no one else posts here with birth stories, you might want to post the same thing on the ICAN-Online yahoo group. Theres tons of women on it and Im sure you'd get a few responses at least.

Something you might want to look for is studies showing rupture rates for babies born with 15 months of each other. Pubmed has always been helpful to me when Im in need to actual studies. Your Dr. may not care too much about reading someone elses story... S/He probably knows it can be done, s/he just may not want it to.

Anyways, Good luck! I hope you are able to find what you are looking for. I wish there was more I could do to help you...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi Terion,

Just tonight I was at an LLL meeting, invited by another mdc mom.

There was a mother there with her 2 week old dd, this woman was absolutely *glowing!!! The leader asked her how her birth went, she replied "vaginal," and I caught on immediately due to my own history. I asked, "She's a vbac?!" "Yes!" came the proud reply.

Her first child is now 13 months old.

May I ask why you've hired a doctor for this pg?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hi Terion,

I had a VBAC 13.5 months after my c-section. I don't have a lot of time right now to write out my birth story but feel free to PM me.

My OB practice was not concerned at all that the spacing was so close. I was adament though about not being induced and wanted to have a natural birth if I could handle it. Ben ended up being 5 days late and I had a very short labor. Woke up at 1:30 am with contractions and he was born at 5:18 am. Was only at the hospital for about an hour and a half before he was born. I was able to do it naturally.

Best wishes in getting your VBAC!

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
You really must have a supportive care provider. Even though my OB was all for my vbac, he was dead set against most of my plans and wishes. It was better for me to vbac with midwives instead, and stay as far away from the hospital as possible.

I believe in you! You can VBAC! But if you feel you have to convince your doc that you can do it, I think you need a different care provider.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I know a woman who had 5 C-sections, then 4 vaginal (UC no less) and then another Cesarean all within 10 years!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the success stories, I go to my doctor next tues, to try and pitch a vbac to her, she was all for a vbac with my dd, but then I got pre-e and we tried induction which didn't work so I got another c-sec....blah...hopefully she will at least say if my pregnacy is totally normal no pre-e or other complications I could try for my vbac again....wish me luck and I'll be sure to post after my appt. to let everyone know what she says...the midwives in my area won't touch me because of my history...it's illegal (such crap) in missouri so they will only take the healthiest of gals to homebirth....
:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts