Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ladies...Long story short I sold all my CD back in September because I was heading back to work
. Well DS is HORRIABLY allergic to sposies to the point his poor bottom is always bleeding and you can tell he is in pain
. So back to cloth diapers it is. I have only limited funds and will for a few months. What would everyone suggest as a starter stash? I have been browsing the ads boards and checking out some stores but I just don't even know where to start.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Sorry about your little guy. I would suggest prefolds trifolded and laid in a bummis wrap . I like infant for trifolding, but not so good for snappi - ing on the older babies. however it's much trimmer and fits in without folding the front up or down. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Do you sew? If you do, you could buy prefolds and some elastic and convert them into fitteds/prefitteds that could be closed with pins or a snappi and then get pull on covers or wraps. Those would be easy for daycare.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I have a friend who uses prorap AIO's for daycare and says they are awesome; very easy and cheaper than Fuzzi Bunz or Wonderoos. I would just go with plain ol' prefolds for home.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by grnmtnmama
If ds is in daycare, you might want to look for fuzzi bunz or wonderoos because they're so easy for dc providers to deal with. Often there seems to be a lot available on the tp and on ebay.
Nope no daycare but DH does have to watch the boys when I am working/sleeping ( I work mostly graveyard shift) so I will have to get something he can work with..I am thinking AIO's and FB?

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Bumkins, even the biggest moron who cannot tie a shoe can use these. :LOL That way whoever is at the daycare can handle it without flipping out on you. Oh thanks for the title guys that is cute. Damn machine, I cannot spell worth crap.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristiansMomma
You could throw in a few silk liners too to help heal his bum naturally

Oh wow awesome tip I had no clue they made such a thing..off to find some now! Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
You can make the bummis wrap up ahead of time so it's really just a matter of your dh putting them on. With the velcro it's at least as easy as the paper ones. I sometimes think it's like an aio to some extent, except cheaper, more durable and more absorbent.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Oh, gah, sorry i don't mean to keep harping on and on about the bummis really. I did want to add that when I used trifolded pf's I really appreciated the little flap at the front, especially with my boy, as it keeps the wetness off the clothing and stops any wicking that can occur even with the best fitted.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I would suggest not buying tons of pocket aios until you are sure that fleece and lack of breathability won't cause the same irritation as sposies.

As far as PUL covers go I always put dd in a ME airflow if she's red just because I think the side vents help her skin breath better. Isn't there an aplix cover that also has vents, bumkins?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Prefolds and covers probably.

Also if you are looking at FBs... Cottonbabies selling USED ones in packages of 6/12 in colors/whites...

They also sell their new ones with an insert with each one. Then you could get some PFs and Covers and use some PFS for stuffing too if needed... HTH!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by My3babes
Prefolds and covers probably.

Also if you are looking at FBs... Cottonbabies selling USED ones in packages of 6/12 in colors/whites...

They also sell their new ones with an insert with each one. Then you could get some PFs and Covers and use some PFS for stuffing too if needed... HTH!

Okay someone link me to cottonbabies please
I loved FB before! TIA

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yep- I recommend prefolds and wraps too!

I suggest Diaperaps. They have little micro-holes in them that allow air to flow. They also fit really well- nice and trim!

I like the suggestion of making them up ahead of time with the tri-folded prefold in them for your DH. Then they are as easy as an AIO but muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch cheaper!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I avoided CDing because of the start up cost........but I ended up with a REALLY good sized stash that lasts me about 2 1/2 days and then some purely here and ebay..........I have a little of everything, but mainly FBs and HHs and I spent very little. So many ladies here take such wonderful care of their fluff that even getting it used is still getting a really nice dipe!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.