Mothering Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
I believe that vaccines are in the parlance of business, "loss leaders', which may not cost much up front, but cause chronic disease down the road which require more expensive drugs and treatments over the lifetime of the individual.

Sister Kenny who advocated for massages and warm whirlpools as treatments for polio instead of braces and iron lungs was ignored because her treatment was not financially practical for doctors. A movie was filmed, released, produced, and starred in by Rosalind Russell whose own nephew was greatly helped by the treatment. Alan Alda, the actor, had polio and his own mother used the treatment on him - he has no limp nor mismatched legs post polio.https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038948/

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
This article includes a lot of interesting info, including claims that after vaccines came in, patients started turning up with milder cases, but were still in the hospital. Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning

One of the important implications of the study, these experts say, is that the introduction of vaccines strongly correlates with a greater share of COVID hospital patients having mild or asymptomatic disease. “It’s underreported how well the vaccine makes your life better, how much less sick you are likely to be, and less sick even if hospitalized,” Snyder said. “That’s the gem in this study.”

“People ask me, ‘Why am I getting vaccinated if I just end up in the hospital anyway?’” Griffin said. “But I say, ‘You’ll end up leaving the hospital.’” He explained that some COVID patients are in for “soft” hospitalizations, where they need only minimal treatment and leave relatively quickly; others may be on the antiviral drug remdesivir for five days, or with a tube down their throat. One of the values of this study, he said, is that it helps the public understand this distinction—and the fact that not all COVID hospitalizations are the same.
On the other hand, it looks as though there is a brief "honeymoon" with vaccines. Here is commentary from Berenson on Denmark:
But as a result, their vaccination campaigns were months behind the United States in the spring, and even further behind Britain. As late as June 1, only 22 in 100 people in Denmark were fully vaccinated. As of now 74 in 100 are.

Thus these countries are now in what I call the “happy vaccine valley” - the three-to four-month period following the second dose when antibodies are high enough that the vaccines actually appear to work. (For those of you keeping score at home, that’s two weeks of negative efficacy after the first shot, a month of maybe 50% efficacy, three months of near-complete protection, and then a rapid fall to what looks like 0% protection within three months. Science!)
So basically, the good news reported in the Atlantic article is mostly from the "happy vaccine valley" period, but it won't last. More and more people are already showing up vaccinated and quite ill. Why else the attacks on the unvaccinated and the push for booster shots?

Reactions: Hyacinthe
41 - 42 of 42 Posts