Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it depends on the yarn and the pattern, but I am using Knit-Piks WOTA and I just cant decide which size circular needles to buy. 3 and 5? 5 and 7? Anyone have a preference?<br><br>
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
:LOL I use 6s (Denise Interchangeables) with most worsted weight wool to achieve gauge. I've made the punk knitters one, tiny birds and some other one that I can't remember. They've all ended up using that size....<br><br>
I guess it does depend on the pattern & the yarn, but also on your knitting.<br>
My co-worker & I just made identical hats. The same pattern, the same yarn - the exact same finished size... She used 7s & I used 6s.<br><br>
Hopefully someone with more experience will answer, too!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Yeah, it depends on how you knit and the guage you get. I knit pretty close to gauge and I use 5 and 7's when I knit mine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree that it depends on how you knit. I tend to be a tight knitter. Like for instance right now I'm using WoolEase for a scarf, and it says size 8's should give you 18 sts/4". I sized up to 9's (8's were already busy hehe) and still need 20 to get 4".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts