Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am overreacting... but still.. I am kind of worried.

With my first I felt her kicking at around 17 weeks... And with my second it was about 14 weeks. Each time I was completely sure that it was the baby... no doubt whatsoever!!

Now I am 15 weeks with #3 and I haven't felt anything yet... Not anything that I am sure is baby anyways... Sometimes I feel things... but after I think on it minute I decided it must just be gas...

I know I shouldn't be worried but I am!! I just want to feel the baby so that I can know that it is okay... a reminder every day that the baby is still alive!

Has anyone else with 2 or more had this as well?? Feeling one baby early and then the subsequent one later?? Please reassure me! I am tired of worrying all the time! In fact it is now the subject of most of my dreams at night!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well, I haven't had any babies, so I'm not really sure. But, when I asked my doctor on Friday about feeling movement (i.e., why my friends have felt their babies as early as 14 weeks but I have not), she said that, in addition to each woman's body being different, each baby is different - where and how it's positioned in the uterus, how active it is, etc.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I'm only preggo with my second and I still haven't felt anything either. I would assume that each baby is different and have different activity levels even in utero. Could you get the heartbeat checked easily?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I've also heard that boys are more active and active earlier. Using that (flawed, urban legend-based) logic, maybe this one is also a girl and you'll feel her around 17 weeks...?

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is my second, and I felt movement really early...around 12 weeks. For a couple of weeks, lots and lots of movement. Now, I'm 16 weeks, and I've felt almost nothing for about a week and a half, and I know just exactly the type of worry you're talking about! There are those little twitches here and there, but I, too, totally convince myself moments later that it was just gas or muscle twitches! I think at this point, our little punkin seeds are so small and have so much room that they can be off in a "corner" somewhere squirming away, and we still can't feel them.

Yesterday I think I finally felt some movement again by drinking some juice and then I was sitting with my legs all underneath me, leaning over so my stomach was squished, and I think I felt some little taps like...excuse me, mom, you're squishing me! All I know is that I'll be relieved tomorrow at my appt. when I hear the heartbeat again!

Hang in there!

·
Registered
824 Posts
This is only my second, but I know the kind of worry you mean! I am looking forward to having definite, no doubt about it, baby kicks every day!

In addition to what others have mentioned, about each baby being different and the baby's position affecting things, it could also be the location of the placenta. If the placenta is anterior, it could reduce the feeling of movement, particularly the goldfish floppy feelings of around this time. At least that's what my dr told me with my son

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I am nearly 14 weeks, and this is my second, and I haven't felt anything. I know I am still pregnant though because I am STILL NAUSEOUS! :puke

I am eager to feel baby, too!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I am 17 weeks and haven't really felt anything either. Dr assures me that the bean is moving around in there. We had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and bean was flipping and swimmin.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Maybe your placenta implanted in the front this time? My first two pregnancies I didnt feel the baby until 18-20 weeks, for that reason. This one I think I might be feeling but I am not sure and it feels SO EARLY to me! lol

Have you heard the heartbeat? That might reassure you! Can you call and ask to come in just for that, just for that comfort?

·
Registered
529 Posts
For me I think the needless worry comes with being pg.. I honestly can't enjoy myself (couldn't last time ethier.) I obcess over everything.

I think I have felt flutters but not sure... I haven't seen the h/b but have seen it on u/s 2 wks ago. I can't wait until the child is kicking the crap out my insides to give me some reasurance.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard the heartbeat two weeks ago... I have two weeks till my next appointment... I actually spoke to my midwife last thursday for something different but asked her about it none the less... she said that I really shouldn't worry it is still early to feel anything... She guesses I should feel things by 16-17 weeks and if not I should be having an ultrasound in two to three weeks anyways for the anatomy check and the finding out the sex...

I have had a strong inkling all along that this is a girl... so if it is that would explain a lot especially the fact this pregnancy is so similar to my first!

I can't wait to find out if it is a girl and to see where my placenta is... then I can see if all this worry was for nothing!

I know pretty soon I will be wishing he/she would stop kicking me so I can sleep!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbreffe

I know pretty soon I will be wishing he/she would stop kicking me so I can sleep!
We all will! We are never happy
That's a shame your mw wouldn't have you come in for a quickie to hear the heartbeat if you were concerned....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i am sure she would have if I had asked... I am just the type of person to cover up how I really feel and just cheerily said I would wait till my appointment!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts