Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neem oil is one of the ingredients in my new toothpaste (tooth soap, actually). Do you think I should switch to something else?<br><br>
I'm not planning to lubricate my vagina with the stuff (as per its use as a contraceptive), nor do I swallow it. Still...<br><br>
We're not in a huge rush to conceive; my concern is more with hurting a baby should I get pregnant.<br><br>
Any herbalists out there? Expertise? Opinions? I greatly appreciate it.<br><br>
Maile

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Neem is a multiuse item. You can use it topically on cuts and scrapes. You can use it as birthcontrol. All sorts of things. The main reason it acts like a birthcontrol unit is because it's an immune booster. In large amounts (say the amount needed as birth control) it kicks your immune system into thinking there is a possible infection/illness on the way thus eliminating anything "foreign". Vitamin C can do the same thing in large amounts (it can cause you to miscarry). The amount in your toothpaste will likely be nothing to worry about.<br><br>
BTW I found all my info on neem from sisterzues.com. There is a lot of info there if you still uncomfy with it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the feedback and for the resource--I'll go check out that website right now.<br><br>
Hubby and I are just starting our first cycle TTC #1, and I'm amazed at how many questions keep popping up. I've been reading up on natural birth/parenting, etc. for years, but now that it's real(ish), it's a different world.<br><br>
I'm so grateful for these forums!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts