Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 8 days past when I should have gotten my cycle--I am usually clockwork and feel pregnant but haven't been ttc. My husband relies more on the tests I keep taking, which all come out negative. I just went to the doc today for a quantitative blood test--I am currently on the GAPS protocol diet to heal from leaky gut and food intolerances, and GAPS intro is contraindicated for pregnancy. I want to keep healing my gut, but not at the expense of a baby...I also just want to know what is going on with my body. My belly is bigger and I am protective of it...my appetite is huge and I am not able to sleep through the night w/o snacking. I am also very underweight because of my gut issues--117 lbs at 5'8". I hear that that can lead to a delay in hormone levels going up. I am worried I am nuts and manifesting all of this somehow, but also feeling pretty blissed out. I have two kids and this would be a huge but very welcome surprise in my family. I'm feeling pretty alone in this...so easy to doubt myself, but you know 50 years ago we wouldn't have had all this medical stuff to tell us what was happening in our bodies, so I'm trying hard to just trust and not stress and be positive and gentle with myself either way (challenging!) The doctor's office staff was so impersonal. No feeling, no connection, no feelings of being treated as a human being with something huge possibly brimming...maybe that is typical, I had two home births with midwives for my first and I'm used to something very personal and intimate, so today was like WOAH I hope this isn't what it is normally like (maybe they were just having bad days?) Sorry I'm rambling...it's been a long week!

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
You're not pregnant. Changes in diet and being underweight can cause changes in your cycle. Home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate especially after you've missed your period. I'm glad you went to the doc for a blood test. That'll ease your mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts