Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my goodness... some dang hormone has just gone crazy in my blood, because I have become the evil monster woman of nesting! I dragged my poor pathetic recovering-from-the-flu DH out to target today to buy bedding for DS's crib (he's staying in there for a while, so it's *technically* his crib bedding, but we're really buying it for the new baby...), and a whole toy-organizer stackable-cube-thing with multicolored baskets, and the hardware to put up all our pictures and things.

Once we dragged it home, we've managed to completely rearrange and clean the living room, drag out ALL the saved baby clothes and sort them by size and season, re-organize Elliot's bedroom and closet so that the new bedding is out and the old clothes and blankets are put away in a reasonable fashion, and get all of the new baby's diapers and clothes out and ready to go.

Honestly, I'd still be working except that my poor hips and back have given me a completely non-ignorable signal that it's time to take a break. But I'm still hoping to get some organizing on in the basement, and hang pictures around the house as well as finishing some of the newborn diaper covers i have to sew before the weekend is over.

I'm seriously amazed. I just DID NOT CARE about any of this stuff before about 10:30am on Friday... and then suddenly it was like being possessed! I made this huge list, came up with a TON of plans and went, basically, kind of insane. Hopefully, it won't pass completely before I have the house sorted enough to pass midwife inspection.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have been like this the past week. I did about 10 loads of laundry and got them all put away. I've cleaned our room like 3 times (it is really hard to keep it clean since it's so small- even the slightest bit of mess sends it over the edge). We went and bought a fold up dinette set to go in our room and got rid of our king size mattress. We're in the process of trading my friend her sleeper sofa for our living room set so we have a bed, a couch, and more space. I'm desperately searching for the battery to our digital camera so I can take pictures of our big screen and dd's toddler bed to list on Craigslist. And this week we're moving dd's twin bed down to our room and rearranging everything.

Nesting has hit like crazy, I'm just glad it has. I need to get things organized and together!

·
Banned
2,883 Posts
I've been cooking like crazy. We have so much from our garden that needs to either be eaten, frozen, or canned. I made a ton of apple butter and canned it today. I also made a double batch of zucchini muffins (although we actually ate most of them already
) today, and I'm going to make a bunch of salsa tomorrow. I'm also going to make piccalilli with all of our green tomatoes, maybe tomorrow too.

My mom was visiting Wednesday and Thursday and we cleaned out my oven/stove and fridge. We also mopped the kitchen and scrubbed the trim and walls. Then we waxed the floors with this nasty chemical crap, but my floors are nice and shiny now.
:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I've been nesting too. Thursday I went through all of dd's baby clothes, and organized, put in drawers, hung up clothes for the baby. It was very exciting.
I'm planning on doing more nesting this week.

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
I'm pretending that I'm just unpacking and moving into the new house we just bought, but honestly, I'm nesting something fierce. Since when did I care about organizing cabinets or decorating bathrooms? I have this mile long to do list that I'm chipping away at, and it feels really satisfying. There's just a tinge of that sense of urgency, but now that we're actually in the house it's not panicky. It just feels calming to get settled in.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I got the urge to start cleaning at 5am this morning. I'm also just collecting all sorts of things from people. Friends who have had babies are passing stuff on to me.

It's weird this nesting bug!

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I go through spurts. Right now, I'm totally lazy due to a lack of brain functioning from sleep deprivation. But last week, I did some major cleaning. I mean, I got out the goo gone and cleaned the walls. Cleaned all the carpets hardcore, went through toys and closets...

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by VickV View Post
I'm all about the cooking of late ... probably because in a few months I'll be livin' on pasta!!
Wow. I wish I was all about cooking... by this time in my last pregnancy I have packed the entire chest freezer FULL of good things to eat. Now? I have one lasagne. That my MOTHER made. That's it as far as post-baby provisions. (Well that, and 24 pints of Jam and some pickles. But I don't think those count!) I really need to get doing something about that, but cooking seems to hurt my back and my hips more than just about ANYTHING else does at present.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm actually gonna do Super Suppers or something like it in November so I can fill up the freezer. It's either that or my parents coming over and announcing they're making something with ingredients I hate - but that's okay because "you'll like it" - like they did last time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.