Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has it kicked in for anyone else yet?

I have an overwhelming desire to clean the entire house from top to bottom -- this includes my first task on the list which is scrubbing all the baseboards in the house
I went to Target yesterday and bought some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers just to clean the baseboards and walls!

I was reading Dr. Sears' book yesterday in Barnes & Noble -- apparently it's common for nesting to kick in by the 5th month. I wasn't expecting it already -- I definitely didn't think I would want to scrub the house from top to bottom!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I'm with the previous poster...come on over to my house when you're done with your's!!!

Is this your first? Let me tell you, you get a *lot* lazier with each subsequent pregnancy!

I have noticed, though, that I've been cooking a lot more lately. Maybe that's my version of a sort of nesting?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boyzmama View Post
I'm with the previous poster...come on over to my house when you're done with your's!!!

Is this your first? Let me tell you, you get a *lot* lazier with each subsequent pregnancy!

I have noticed, though, that I've been cooking a lot more lately. Maybe that's my version of a sort of nesting?
I'll echo all of this. Mmm- the cooking!
I'll claim it's my version of nesting, and not my desire to indulge in really yummy stuff. :p

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, this is our first.

I haven't done or bought anything baby related.. this is the first hints of me going into mommy mode. I'm one of the earlier ones in the DDC (almost 19 weeks), and this just hit a couple days ago --- which correlates with when I started to feel baby very very active in there!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Yeah, so a couple of you need to take a road trip to Montana... I promise to meet all your desires for a house to tidy....
... I don't suppose anyone has a need/desire to fold laundry, do they? I have enough energy to wash it, dry it, and point the family to the clean 'pile' ...

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
checked in to see what week this hit for you. i *wish wish wish* i could get more of an urge to clean and organize. i have so many things to do and my DD keeps distracting me. i used to be able to do some things after she went to sleep but lately i am so tired all i can do is sleep when she sleeps.

tell me, is the cleaning urge overpowering enough to choose cleaning over sleep? pls say yes, this is my only hope for ever getting anything done.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-girl View Post
I have an overwhelming desire to clean the entire house from top to bottom -- this includes my first task on the list which is scrubbing all the baseboards in the house
I went to Target yesterday and bought some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers just to clean the baseboards and walls!
So, I'm actually dropping in from the October DDC, but I just had to respond to this. I am just 13 weeks now, but I cleaned my house from top to bottom (after not doing anything for nearly 2 months) last weekend. I wanted to say, the Magic Erasers are pretty good, but I found out that Murphy's Vegetable Oil Soap is the BEST thing for cleaning baseboards and walls. If your nesting continues, I highly recommend trying it. I cleaned walls, baseboards, door jams and doors all morning on Saturday....it was great!

·
Registered
272 Posts
My "nesting" is taking on a different form (or maybe it is not nesting at all). I am finding I want to "take the baby" on hikes to new places and locations I have never been before. I would say I am doing this for me, but I have the overwhelming feeling of connectedness or bonding instead. I talk to it and point out things. I am also this way in the garden. I feel more focused on sharing the world with this really young one and feel an urgency about it more so than the urgency to prepare the house.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
eh? I had a short SHORT stint right when I started feeling better - but the mountain of laundry in my living room surely means it hasn't really kicked in

I didn't really have it too much except for random things with my first, but I was a NUTJOB the entire time I was pregnant with #2.

Pregnancy is so weird!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I have serious nesting which has been compounded by the fact that we just moved into our awesome new apartment! that means i get to unpack everything we own and put it away and clean everything and oooh fun.
i think i have done like 50 loads of laundry this week

I am hoping (fingers crossed very tightly) to get our couches delivered this week so i have a living room to set up.

Nursery is the last to be done. Also hearing DP refer to that bedroom as "the nursery" for the first time, almost made me cry a little.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes! I want to nest now!

I've already decided to quit my job 6 weeks before my EDD. Now I'm anxiously counting down the remain weeks... blah!

I want to be in my home an build my cocoon of safety! I am so excited to be having a home birth and will be staying in my nest!!

I am just totally excited about this baby now!!!!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosergirl View Post
I have serious nesting which has been compounded by the fact that we just moved into our awesome new apartment! that means i get to unpack everything we own and put it away and clean everything and oooh fun.
I have been daydreaming about the day we moved into our house (over 5 years ago) and how we had everyone here helping us paint and scrub the house.... I was trying to think of same way I could convince my parents and in-laws to come up for a weekend to scrub the house down with us again -- from top to bottom!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-girl View Post
I was trying to think of same way I could convince my parents and in-laws to come up for a weekend to scrub the house down with us again -- from top to bottom!

i would just ask them too! wait til you are a bit further along and (this is my first but) from what i hear a pregnant lady is hard to say no to

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes! I think so. I have a hundred and one projects that are all happening at the same time. Last weekend I took the sink out of the bathroom and ripped up the lynolium flooring (2 layers of that crap) and then tiled the floor and then made curtains to hang in the bathroom and now it looks sooooo beautiful. We are int the middle of turning our porch into an extention of the living room, gutting the kitchen and then putting in tile, putting down wood flooring in the living room, installing a wood stove, and then decorating when it's all done! I am so gung ho on getting our house into shape and having such a good time doing it. Oh and I will be gardening pretty soon now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, I'm totally blown away by you ladies - I'm hoping it will rub off on me. I second the need to nap vs clean when I get my toddler down (though half the time I can't sleep for hunger). I've been feeling proud just to get a load or two of laundry done and make food from scratch again - and yesterday I aired the bedding outside (a 72 degree day in Seattle!) and vacuumed and made dinner ahead in the crockpot (okay I did forget the green veggie to go with, but still); I was on fire!

Maybe with my 2nd I've just relaxed my expectations/standards

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.