Hi Sarah and Gabry (and anyone else who wants to join),
I looked into sites, and I found several organic farms that have both camping and either bungalows or a B&B. I figured that way, each family can either camp or be a bit more pampered. I hope there's something for every budget.
Most of the spots are in the south--that seems to be where the best places for this are (plus, it's closer for Gabry). Most of them have lots of kid activities, and some of them are on the water. I'll try to summarize them a bit below.
As far as dates, I was thinking either June 9-11 or June 16-18. Do either of those work for you guys? I'm not sure when school gets out, but I assume not until the end of June or beginning of July--things will get super busy and expensive then, so we might want to try to avoid it.
So, can you take a look at these, let me know which ones sound the best, and then let me know what dates work? And then I'll give some places a call.
I think this is going to be fun!!
Ok, here are the spots:
- Landschapscamping Kijkuit: In Zeeland, near the ocean, 2 self-catering apartments plus tons of room for camping. http://www.camping-kijkuit.nl/nl/
- D'n Bobbel: In Noord-Brabant, super-cheap camping or you can rent these funky wagons (you have to check out the pictures!) Lots of kid activities and animals. http://www.denbobbel.nl/
- De Hoevens: In Noord-Brabant, looks from the website like an incredibly beautiful farm, swimming and fishing nearby. 2 self-catering apartments, lots of camping, tipis, fiets huts. http://www.dehoevens.nl/
- Landgoed Geijsteren: In Limburg, lots of camping, fiets huts, 1 bungalow. Another gorgeous farm, on the water, but not as much kid stuff (no playgrounds, not clear if there's a little farm for kids). http://www.campinglandgoedgeijsteren.nl/
- De Pionier: In Limburg, has B&B, 2 self-catering apartments, or camping, looks from the website like it has more of a suburban feel. http://www.vakantieboerderij-depionier.nl/
- De Boterbloem: In Utrecht province, has B&B and camping. Looks from the website like less nature, more amusement park feel. http://boterbloem.com/