Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just wanted to add my support too. We all had a tough time after my second was born, although my baby is very sweet & easy & we all love him very much. It's been difficult for my first. He was almost 4 when Reid was born & I saw behavior from him that I had never seen before(hitting us(never the baby),screaming fits,running away from us in public). It was so challenging. Some of it I think can't be prevented. It's a major transition & feelings must be felt & worked through. A couple of things we've done to help out our oldest is 1)give him a sense of purpose & 2)give him one-on-one time with each of his parents & occasionally his grandparents. By giving him a sense of purpose I mean giving him some chores around the house & letting him help with baby chores. Then, when he's been helpful, he can get a special treat. I emphasize how babies can't help out & he can. Giving him one-on-one time hasn't been easy to work out but we try. It feels good for everyone to not feel distracted by the needs of two little ones, to just focus on one child. Take a deep breath, you will all get through this!

Stephanie, mom to 4 yr old Neil & 8 month old Reid

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.