Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebecca Michelle was born at 2:49 am on Friday August 29th. She weighed in at 8lbs 2 ozs. The first diaper we used was a Diaper Babies. These are incredibly soft and fit similar to Kissaluvs but run smaller. It would be great for a smaller baby. Becca wore it twice before she outgrew it.
We used mainly Kissaluvs 0s for the first 4 days. They fit perfectly with a newborn Prorap. I like the Proraps because they pull the dipe down and away from her cord. She may be a very heavy wetter but we pretty much stopped using the Kissaluvs, unless it has a doubler, because they were soaked after 1 pee. We are also using size 1 Sugarpeas which fit great but are a bit high in the rise so will work better once her cord falls off in the next day or two. She wets a ton at night. I started using a Kissaluv with a preemie prefold inside as a doubler. I loved the fit of the preemie prefolds but they don't hold much. Fine for just sitting around the house during the day. Last night I decided to use a snappied infant 4x8x4 CPF and it fit excellent. I expected it to be a lot bulkier than it was. I still changed her a few times during the night and it was soaked but the best yet. She is pretty much using those exclusively now.

I know this is a lot of rambling but I wanted to share our CDing experience. She is the first of our children to be cloth diapered from birth. I am washing diapers every day but it is not a big deal at all.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Congratulations on your newest arrival! I'm looking forward to using only cloth with my next baby (which I hopefully will be pg with soon!)

It's great to hear someone else's experience!

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Ooooh, new
! :LOL So glad that Becca is here with us now!
And *ahem* look forward to your link to a BIRTH STORY! (no, I'm not pushing or anything
: )

We had Size 1 SugarPeas for Kenny and I really loved them, but what I did those first few days is lay a stay dry fleece liner in the stride and up over the top so that the diaper wouldn't irritate the area around the cord too much. I was able to get them folded down enough where it didn't seem to be too bad.

However, I am WITH YOU on the Infant cpfs for a newborn. I love, love, loved them - and I could fold them however I wanted. So yep, I'm trackin' with you on that one!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that you like the infant CPF because that is mainly what my newborn stash is made up of and i was afraid they would not work well! You just made my day!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Congratulations tnrsmom!! Welcome Baby Becca!

My last born (9 months ago already!
) was my first to have cloth from birth, and I loved it!
What worked the best besided flatfolds (which after a week or so weren't the most absorbant - ds is my heaviest wetter yet) were infant cpf's 4x8x4 ply. He outgrew them in mere weeks being born at 10 lbs, but they were perfect while they lasted!

If I had to do it over again, I would have had more infant sized cpf's, more newborn covers and had small covers on hand before the nb's were outgrown
: I would probably do bummis swws again, but keep in mind (to anyone who will be diapering a new babe) that they do not have any way to fold down the front to accomadate the cord site. I would up just using dipes and no covers until the cord site healed in 6 days.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! WELCOME baby BECCA!!

It's so fun to cd a newborn, I loved putting such soft things on my baby's bottom!

Debi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.