Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
There are several free on-line translators that can translate many languages to English. You may want to try one. Just type "Translator" into a search engine and you should find several. You simply copy the text you want translated into the window and Shazaam! The text is translated!

Frank

·
Registered
264 Posts
@mattemma: Could you help me with a complete citation of this book?

This is what I was able to discern from the page you linked to:

Author: Nil Gün
Title: Sünnet! - Sünnetle ilgili yalanlar ve gercekler
Pages: 272 (?)

Is this correct? Do you know the publisher and the date of publishing? Thanks!

And sorry for going completely offtopic now, but I know this story will move you. I've seen a documentary on German TV yesterday, about a European-(non-Muslim)-African couple living in Switzerland and the problems such mixed marriages face. When their son was about 18 months old, they went to visit her family in Ivory Coast. I already had a sinking feeling when it was said that while the father flew home, mother and son would stay for two more weeks. An lo and behold!, when they returned to Switzerland, baby had been circumcised.
: The father was devastated and angry of course. They had apparantly been discussing this issue before and he had made it very clear that he did not want his son circumcised.

All the mother had to say was that he knew that she wanted it (implying that he should have known that she wanted it bad enough to betray his trust first chance she got and have it done?
). She went on how it took only five minutes, and didn't hurt him at all and how she didn't want it to be done at 5 years old, when he'd be in pain for 1-2 weeks. You know all the typical excuses...

A while later, the father was cuddling his son and whispering: "They mutilated you."
(I think this was a first for German TV, at least I had never heard male circumcision being referred to as mutilation before.)

Offtopic end.

Stardust

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattemma04
Most turks are not aware of the falling rates for circumcision in the US. Nor are they aware of the lack of benefits or harm done by circumcision.
Circumcision thrives on secrecy and ignornace just as it did here in North America for more than 130 years. Once the light of the internet began shining on it, it quickly began to wilt. We can expect it to thrive in third world countries long after we have defeated it here.

I know a man here in Georgia who is intact and was very insistent that his son not be circumcised. He managed to get him home intact but after about 6 months, his wife sneaked the baby out to the doctor and had him circumcised against the father's wishes. They are still married and still together. I just can't imagine that after a betrayal of trust like that.

Frank

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
I know I don't have to worry about it but, if my husband snuk my son out of the house to have him genitally mutilated I would automatically sue for divorce. no ifs ands or buts.

Of course if my husband snuck my daughter out of the house to have her genitally mutilated, I would automatically sue for divorce too.

Because, I wouldn't want to be married to someone like that. I've made crappy choices in partners in the past *Oh boy did I ever* It would be the last straw. I'd vow myself to spinsterhood if it came down to it.

But, luckily, I don't have to worry about it. DH is intact, very happily so, and would protect our son tooth and nail from Mr. Gomco.

Hmmmm..

*grabs pencil and paper*

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Someone asked for a title translation.Here is what I got from my contact:

http://www.kuraldisi.net/product_inf...roducts_id=299

title of the book:

Facts and lies about circumcision.

Description from the author:

Dear reader,
I know that this book which I gave birth from thousands of years of silence will surprise you. But I also know the law called "knowledge makes one indebted" that is why I decided to work on this subject which is very much in the interest of our society. Now I take the responsibility of the information that I wish I had long ago, but I didn't have it, and now paying my debt.

In this book you are going to learn why circumcision advocate clergy and medical experts lie to us about circumcision and scientific papers which have proven that the real mistake lies with us people, who try to "correct God's mistake", and you will find yourself in a turning point.

I won't say this time the choice is yours, because it is our sons' ! (of course when they become of age) Our choice as adults is to decide whether we can question change lies about health and tradition.

The truth comes out in three steps: First denied, then opposed and finally admitted(accepted).

See the truth! Listen to your inner self! Feel what is in the best interest of your children in your heart! To question the tradition and search for truth is our duty to the next generation!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Even more information!
Thanks again. Now I've got everything I need, in fact more than I had hoped for. The author's description was a great extra!

Now I've got to come up with more ideas what to do with the info...

Stardust

1 - 15 of 15 Posts