Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
WONDERFUL video. Thank you SO much for posting it. I just wached it and am still crying.

HOW can doctors get away with this????????????????????

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
Is it graphic at all? I want to watch it, but...I can't stand to see the graphic stuff.
It does show a plastibell circ (non-anesthetized, doctor explaining what he's doing, and baby crying) but it's pared down so the steps are shown in abbreviated form. - takes about 1 minute altogether. They make a point to say that they have shortened it, because it is so hard to watch, but that the child has to undergo it for a full 6 minutes. The vast majority of the film is talking, with feel-good pics of families and boys spliced in. It is well worth watching, and important to let others know about it.

Gillian

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Thank you! I posted a link to it on my Facebook, and it automatically embedded the video for me on my page. Very cool. I have already had one friend say she wishes she had had this information before her son was born and circumcised.

eta: This should go without saying, but I did not know her years ago when she had her son.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lula's Mom View Post
Thank you! I posted a link to it on my Facebook, and it automatically embedded the video for me on my page. Very cool. I have already had one friend say she wishes she had had this information before her son was born and circumcised.

eta: This should go without saying, but I did not know her years ago when she had her son.
But think about others it may help.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Exactly! I was really glad she posted that, too, because everyone's going to read it, and I think hearing a mother's regret makes such a powerful case against circumcision.

I was really impressed with the way they brought up FGM at the end, with the woman who'd experienced it saying she sees baby boys undergoing circumcision as herself. She knows it is the same, and no one can discount her experience.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lula's Mom View Post
I was really impressed with the way they brought up FGM at the end, with the woman who'd experienced it saying she sees baby boys undergoing circumcision as herself. She knows it is the same, and no one can discount her experience.
Very true, I liked that too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.