Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Dh and I are thinking of taking a four-day vacation with the babe at the end of September. Any suggestions for where we could go? We live in North Central MA, and we'd like to drive. I'm thinking maybe a beachy place, but will that be too cold?
:

TIA

· Registered
1,460 Posts
Nantucket is really lovely in September - in fact, it's my favorite time of the year to be there! The weather is usually very mild, the crowds have gone (though we just got back and there were no crowds there this summer due to the economy) yet all the restaurants and shops are still open and you can usually score some deals on places to stay. I'm sure the Vineyard is similar.

There are tons of bike paths and it's easy to rent a bike with a pull-along for the little one, the shuttle service is decent enough that you really don't need a car, and of course, there are beaches galore.

Have fun where ever you decide to go!

ETA: p.s. it's definitely worth the extra money to take the high-speed (1 hour) ferry boat vs. the 2 hr. 15 min traditional one.

=================
Mama to DS 5/03 & DD 2/06 (HBAC!)

: ICAN "You never know when you're making a memory." ~ Rickie Lee Jones

· Registered
605 Posts
We love going to the cape in September - the water is the warmest at that time of year. I refuse to go to the cape in the summer - too crowded for me!
But it's perfect in the fall - and still warm to swim! If you stay in the middle somewhere, you're close enough to drive out toward ptown or along the shore on either side. When the kiddos were not in school, we always went in september.

· Registered
129 Posts
I just got back from Mystic, CT. I took a trip with my whole family and it was great for all ages. My niece is 2- My DS is just a baby and my little sister is 8. There was sooo much to do for kids and adults-- a great vacation! Our favorite place was the Mystic Aquarium-- by far the best aquarium we have ever been to. You can check it out at www.mystic.org.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.