Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in new funding ideas.? I have an idea to fund families with disabled children creating a monthly income that is not controlled by goverment programs.

Before I go further with this I need to determine if anyone is interested in this.

No, I am not looking for money.

If you are interested please comment here.

I am being vague with this post because this method can be used for any group needing funding. I want families with Special Needs kids to be first since so often we are closer to last.

I will say this. I went down this path a few years ago and was quickly overwhelmed by the needs. It was a miscalculation in my part since those needs were clear to me. Since then adjustments have allowed me to spend the load to many including volunteers.

Just a little about me, I have a 20-year-old daughter who has a rare genetic disorder. It became clear very early on that paying for all of her needs was going to be a challenge.

·
Administrator
20 Posts
As a parent of twins with special needs I speak from experience when I say that finding funding is very difficult. It's honestly one of the most frustrating and disheartening things to have to deal with.

I have been trying for over 10-years to get funding so we can outfit a van so one of them can use his power chair when we go out and about to appointments and job sites.

Every time we get close to getting it funded something happens (usually in the form of a case manager quitting or retiring) and we have to start all over again.

I've given up and instead spend my energy weight training so this 50-someodd-year old body can continue lifting a 92-pound young man and his 52-pound manual chair in and out of the van.

I'm not sure what you're proposing but as long as your not advertising or spamming links, feel free to toss out your ideas here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand the van issue. We were able to get funding for a rear entry wheelchair van but it only lasted seven years. The second van required a loan and large monthly payment and in a few years this one will be ready for replacement. That and everything else we need to pay for has pushed me to consider a better way to fund our kids needs.

My conclusion is that it must be a commercial venture since public funding and fundraisers will never meet the needs of disabled children. They both work but are so limited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts