Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I found this board while searching for vaccine info. I've been looking for a more "natural" due date group.

Here's a little about me:
I'm having a another c/s - this makes my 3rd. My first child was born naturally after laboring in a birthing center with my mid-wife, but while pushing, they lost her heartrate....Called 911 - transported me on my hands and knees with midwife's hand inside keeping baby's head from coming down as they were sure it was a tight cord. Anyway, 20 mins later, at the hospital her heartrate was down to 20bpm - got her out with forceps, leaving me with a medio-lateral episiotomy. Spent the first 24 hrs with her and all was great until they detected a heart murmur and with further testing discovered she had a heart defect. Open heart surgery at 3 days, but lost her the following day. Due to this event we were a bit scared of going natural with our 2nd, but attempted it anyway in a hospital this time. The *exact* same thing happened and my OB decided c/s instead of forceps having already been traumatized down there once. Baby was healthy as could be! Went on to have another child 2.5 yrs later again with c/s and now we are expecting this little surprise in Jan and have scheduled the section for 1-3-06.

We homeschool our DD7 and DS5(who is uncirc'd) and we work from home. We're into attachment parenting/family bed, although our 2 are in their own beds now. We're not getting this baby vaxed and am dealing with much stress over that at the moment - it's so daunting, but we're determined to stand strong.

We bf all 3 children(even got to bf dd#1 3 x which meant the world to me). Plan on bf'ing this one even though I get thrush and it is a painful experience. Working on making it better this time with lots of natural remedies.

So....that's me in a nutshell i guess. Sorry so long. I look forward to sharing this last tri with everyone!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Christi,

Welcome! I'm glad you've joined us!

What traumatic experiences you've had. I was so sorry to read of the loss of your daughter. I am sure I would also be choosing a c/s in a situation like yours.

I look forward to getting to know you on this board,

Emily

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of the traumatic loss ofyour firstborn. Many peaceful wishes to you and to her too.
Welcome to our little spot on MDC and congratulations on your new little surprise!

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (7), Butterfly (2), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.