Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is cait. I'm due June 2nd with my 4th boy. We are a blended family with 4 boys. i was really hoping for our 5th child to be a girl but no such luck! we live in co-housing on an organic farm and are planning a home birth.

My first one was an unplanned homebirth. born in under 3 hrs in the hallway with a full firetruck and 2 ambulances of men standing there watching, lol.

my 2nd was a planned homebirth born in a cottage on Saltspring Island with a midwife. He took just over 2 hrs to arrive. That was a lovely birth.

My 3rd was born a month early, too early for a home birth. So we had to go to the hospital. His cord was in a tight knot. He was born blue, limp, and not breathing for a few mins. That one was scary but i'm so glad he came out in time and wasn't a still birth.

This time around we are hoping for an outdoor birth here at home if the weather (and baby) co-operates. We have a midwife and doula living in our community and the farm is beautiful with a creek and swimming hole. So i'm REALLY looking forward to this one with these wonderful women, in this magical place we call home :grin:

Anyway that's a bit about us and our previous experiences. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi, my name is cait. I'm due June 2nd with my 4th boy. We are a blended family with 4 boys. i was really hoping for our 5th child to be a girl but no such luck! we live in co-housing on an organic farm and are planning a home birth.

My first one was an unplanned homebirth. born in under 3 hrs in the hallway with a full firetruck and 2 ambulances of men standing there watching, lol.

my 2nd was a planned homebirth born in a cottage on Saltspring Island with a midwife. He took just over 2 hrs to arrive. That was a lovely birth.

My 3rd was born a month early, too early for a home birth. So we had to go to the hospital. His cord was in a tight knot. He was born blue, limp, and not breathing for a few mins. That one was scary but i'm so glad he came out in time and wasn't a still birth.

This time around we are hoping for an outdoor birth here at home if the weather (and baby) co-operates. We have a midwife and doula living in our community and the farm is beautiful with a creek and swimming hole. So i'm REALLY looking forward to this one with these wonderful women, in this magical place we call home :grin:

Anyway that's a bit about us and our previous experiences. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!
Welcome! Your ideas for your upcoming birth sound lovely! It's so nice chatting with women that have such a positive, instinctual, and natural outlook on birth. I would love to labor outside, weather permitting, but we'll see. I was comfortable pacing in my hallway and sitting backwards on my toilet for my first birth. I'll see where my instincts take me this time! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts