Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Angela. I am married for almost 16 years and have 4 kids, three boys and a princess (almost 15 to age 5).

A friend of mine told me about this site and I so want to do this Dave Ramsey program. My dad had to file bankruptcy and I attended he CC with him. They used Dave Ramsey and I got to keep dad's book.

He has wonderful ideas but I just don't know how to start. I do have some bills that are high (gas bill) and I can't pay the full thing so do I pay what I can each month and go from there?

Any ideas, advise or anything would be great! We do have some credit card debt about $2500 so not too bad but would like to get rid of it.

Thanks for reading!
Angela

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Angela, welcome!

I'm not a Dave Ramsey fan, but I know what he'd tell you to do! You aren't making enough to cover your monthly bills, so you need to cut your spending and increase your income until they match, as the first step. (baby step zero, I think?)

You need to make a budget and stick to it. Go down the list of obligations, starting with roof over your head, then utilities, etc. When the money runs out, the things below it don't get funded.

A lot of people post their budget here to get help on what they can cut back on. Things like cable TV, eating out, movies, buying new books and magazines are usually the easiest to cut.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Hello and welcome. I would suggest poking around in this forum, especially the topics where someone has asked for budget help. The posters here are fantastic. Once you see where other people are and what can be done you can post more specific questions.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Welcome Angela, just read a few threads and start asking questions. There's a Dave Ramsey thread at the top stickied each month and we're a friendly lot. DR would tell you to prioritize your bills if you can't pay everything in full each month, start with your four walls (housing, utilities, food and transportation) and go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.