Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!<br>
I'm new here and would appreciate some help. My dd is 4 1/2 months and has the sniffles and rosy cheeks. I think she may be getting a cold. I read the recent thread about natural products for infants. How do I give VitaminC to her? I have some made with rose hips, but it has corn starch and a bunch of other stuff in it...can I find it without? I am also unsure of the amount to give her? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Are you bf'ing? If so, since this is just sniffles, I would up your own Vitamin C and then she will get it thru your bm.<br>
For extreme cases of illness, Sodium Ascorbate is a good form of C to give babies. It is in powdered form and quite potent. A pinch is 250mg. A 1/2 teaspoon is 1390 mg. So you want to give minimal amounts over a period of time....But still, at such a young age, if you are bfing and it is not serious, I would take whatever yourself instead...JMO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am breastfeeding, and I have been trying to get her to eat a lot today. I have been taking Vit C myself. I am having a hard time finding this form of Vitamin C without a lot of other junk in it. Can anyone help? I tried Kirkman labs, but can't figure out how to get logged on to their website. Thanks so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts