Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi! I am here after a missed m/c from September. I was 12 weeks along. To my surprise I discovered this Sunday that I am pregnant. Went in for hcg levels.13 dpo it was 239, low for my PCP. So I went in and at 15dpo, it was 789. So she was happy with that and told me it was progressing normally. I am OBSESSING about preggo symptoms, or lack thereof. I do pee alot, have incredible sense of smell, tired, some moments of nauseau but not head tossing morning sickness. This is my third pregnancy. With my daughte,r who was born healthy, and my loss,  I didn't really have morning sickness either. But I am concerned that maybe something is wrong, who knows? Everyone preggo I know seems to have morning sickness? Anyone not have it? Or advice?</p>

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
<p>With DS I had head tossing MS ~ and I was incredibly tired all the time. I would lay in bed ~ DH would bring me some soup to eat...I would eat, puke and then go back to sleep. With my m/c pregnancy (m/c at 6w6d) I had barely any symptoms at all and definitely no real MS moments at all. I am now nearly 8w pregnant (based on u/s dating) and have had some MS but not the terrible stuff I had with DS. I have thrown up 4 times and on the days I do not manage to get lucky enough to throw up ~ I have been off/on kind of sick to my stomach but nothing I cannot work through...and definitely not what I had with DS. My cravings are fairly strong but very different ~ and I do have the smell aversion and sore boobs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>All of that to say ~ my symptoms this go round are very different from DS...who knows why?! They are not as severe and maybe my body has been worn in a little so it is not as reactive...or maybe the baby is a different gender? At any rate, it is different if that helps at all! I too struggle with having milder symptoms because it just feels strange. I got my HCG levels checked at the beginning but they never told me the numbers...just said they were consistent and rising appropriately. Then I had an u/s 2 weeks ago that grooved with my charting dates for my O ~ which was about 5 days less than the usual formulation for pregnancy dating.</p>

·
Registered
64 Posts
<p>I've only had 1.. but with her I only got morning sickness <strong>once</strong> and it was at the beginning of the pregnancy. I've heard every pregnancy is different, not everyone does get morning sickness. Good luck!</p>

·
Registered
340 Posts
<p>Congrats on your pregnancy! I've had a hard time with not feeling too symptomatic this time, because I felt like I had very weak symptoms with my loss. But I'm now almost 8 weeks and so far so good, and m/s and some of the other symptoms have kind of kicked up just this week. Reading back over my pregnancy journal from DD, I was never all that sick with her either, just nauseous on and off. So I suppose you just never know with m/s. There's plenty of stories on here of mamas with heavy m/s with their losses. I know what you mean though, it would be nice to have a more tangible reminder early in the pregnancy to reassure you! Your numbers are great though - hugs and h&h!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts