Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just wanted to formally introduce myself --

This is my first post to this forum, tho I have been reading Mothering Mag for a year now (my doula introduced me to it
).

I have been married for almost 6 yrs to my dh and I am the proud mom of Chloe and Faith (and hope for a 3rd - but not for awhile).

I consider myself "mish/mash" but I am still learning
. I am a lot crunchier than I ever thought I'd be.

Chloe was born via c/s after a failed induction. Long story but I developed PPD and PTSD from the c/s. After 1 yr. pp I started to feel more like myself and started researching and joined a few support groups. Thus my journey towards vbac began! After much research and listening to my heart when I got pg with Faith I just knew what I had to do! My pg wasn't easy (physically we both were fine) but emotionally it was very trying. At my 28 wk appt, my dr informed me that the hospital was no longer allowing vbacs. So at 30 wks I switched to a CNM (at my doula's suggestion). Best decision I ever made! I had a wonderful birth experience and felt so safe in my mw's calm, confident and capable hands. It felt so good to have a caring support team (dh, doula and CNM).

I hope to help others and support them in their desire for vbacs. May we all of the birth of our dreams...

edited: cause of typos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.