Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My name is Alyssa, and I just found out I'm pregnant with #5 . :serious:

I was not expecting this, but I can't say I'm "surprised" really. DH and I breathe on each other and we end up reproducing, so I should have seen it coming when he took too long getting his vasectomy.

Just looking for a group of girls I can get to know and kind of follow along for the ride! And maybe your excitement will rub off on me, and I'll get happy about this little one. :grin:

Background: DH and I have been married almost 9 years. We have four kids (and I have nicknames for them, so fear not; these are not their real names haha): Daisy Duck (7), Brother Duck (6), Curly Duck (4), and Baby Duck (1)...probably going to have to change that last kid's nickname! Oiy.

I LOVE my kids. And I LOVE raising them. So much that we are homeschooling simply because I find incredible joy teaching them and learning along with them. So if anyone had to end up with five kids, I suppose it ought to be me!

I look forward to getting to know you all. Oh, and I'm super early, so I might be due in December? LMP says November, but my cycle got crazy weird at the end there, so I'm not sure. Either way, nice to meet you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might have jumped the gun joining you all! I'm getting some consistent bleeding, and my nausea subsided earlier today. I'm equal parts relieved and sad, so I guess I'll have to grapple with those emotions. This is the first time I've had a miscarriage, so I'll see my OB tomorrow.

Enjoyed my short time here, and I'm sending you all happy and healthy vibes for the full 9 months!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself ?

Anecdotally, my fifth pregnancy was my first miscarriage. It rocked me to my core and I struggled a lot. If you feel like talking or even just having somebody listen to rambles and beyond, I'm available.

Reactions: Kdrama_Mama

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Anecdotally, my fifth pregnancy was my first miscarriage. It rocked me to my core and I struggled a lot. If you feel like talking or even just having somebody listen to rambles and beyond, I'm available.
Yeah that is honestly how Im feeling. Shocked. I don't have problems like this usually, so I didn't expect it. Did you go on to have a fifth? I was really happy and set with 4, but it didn't take long to open my heart to 5, and now I just feel...bereft. I don't know how to handle that empty spot in the family pictures I started imaging.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts

Yeah that is honestly how Im feeling. Shocked. I don't have problems like this usually, so I didn't expect it. Did you go on to have a fifth? I was really happy and set with 4, but it didn't take long to open my heart to 5, and now I just feel...bereft. I don't know how to handle that empty spot in the family pictures I started imaging.
I'm actually in here with my 8th pregnancy and 7th child (should everything go the way it's hoped). So, yes. We went on to have more.

It was hard. I was so...shocked. my first four pregnancies and births were so perfect that a loss never crossed my mind. Until... then it happened and I felt like my world crashed and my body failed me and I had failed at being a mother/woman/everything. It's amazing how much your life changes with just two lines.

You see car seats and diapers and trips to the park and meals at the table and sibling bonds all in a flash. When that is gone, you're left with an emptiness. A gaping hole of bleakness and sadness and the absence of joy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm actually in here with my 8th pregnancy and 7th child (should everything go the way it's hoped). So, yes. We went on to have more.

It was hard. I was so...shocked. my first four pregnancies and births were so perfect that a loss never crossed my mind. Until... then it happened and I felt like my world crashed and my body failed me and I had failed at being a mother/woman/everything. It's amazing how much your life changes with just two lines.

You see car seats and diapers and trips to the park and meals at the table and sibling bonds all in a flash. When that is gone, you're left with an emptiness. A gaping hole of bleakness and sadness and the absence of joy.
That's exactly what it's like. And even worse, I don't think DH would agree to a fifth voluntarily. And that makes me want to collapse in on myself, because what am I supposed to do? Live with this empty space in my heart forever?

I guess that's something only DH and I can answer. But it hurts, honestly. And my sister is due the same month...her pregnancy is fine. We were so excited to be pregnant together.

Ugh. It just sucks. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure I'll move on from this one way or the other.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
You might be surprised about how dh is feeling. My hunch is that he's hurt too and more open to a 5th than he realized before. I'm also on preg #8 with my #7th child God Willing. I too was a bit (lot) taken aback at the idea of having another while my baby is still so small. I also homeschool and really enjoy my kids. My 3rd pregnancy was a m/c. I really believe that a m/c is Gds way of giving us clarity about some major issues in the family. Gd is good and the m/c is a gift, but that doesn't mean it is fun or easy or joyful, if that makes sense. So, I'm blessing you with a complete healing and with total. Parity so that you will arise from this experience having a clear direction about what you would like to do next for your family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts