Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to make a quick introduction. I have a 7mo little (and I mean little - 13.5lbs 2 wks ago) dd named Samantha.

One year ago I never would have imagined that I would be using cloth right now. Somebody mentioned that cloth can be easy to me and I started looking around. Now, I'm a die hard and I just *hate* putting disposable diapers next to my dd's soft tender tush. I take A LOT of flack for it from friends that don't use cloth. They think I'm crazy and can be pretty offensive . . . but I digress.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some like minded people and learning more about what systems others use.

One question I have for those who use wool soakers at night is how many times did you lanolize your soakers before you used them the first time?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hi and welcome!! My DD is 6.5 months and is 14 lbs!!! Im not sure about the wool but I believe you can lanolize one time and use your soaker!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Welcome! Only one of my friends use cloth...and my sister definitely thinks I'm crazy so I know where you're coming from.
As for the wool, I'm curious as well. I've got a kiwi pie cover that my daughter will be fitting into very shortly, and I'm haven't yet figured out what to do with it.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts

Welcome to the boards!!

I only lanolize once...if it starts to wick or not hold up like I think it should then I re-lanolize!

·
Registered
6,729 Posts

I took only do it once. Sometimes not at all
: Bridget's Woolen Soakers c ome lanolized. And then I do it again when they need it.

Glad you joined

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

Alot of wool comes pre-lanolized. If the cover wets through, which it usually dosen't, then I would re-lanolize. If the cover is fine overnight, then just use until it starts wicking, then wash and lanolize.

Nada

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the welcome everybody. This board is crazy busy! There is no way I will be able to keep up with all of the posts. I'm so glad I found it though. I'm also really glad to know some other tiny babes. Every other babe I know is mamoth compared to my dd and sometimes it makes me wonder if she is healthy.

As for the wool. I bought it from lucyluvs.com, hand knitted and definitely not pre-lanolized. My dd is a really heavy wetter though so maybe it just takes more to hold her back. I lanolized twice just for good measure using the instructions I found on the web. (melt 1/4tsp of Lansinoh in a cup of water and add to a pail of tepid water containing wool wash or baby wash. Soak for 30min and air dry.)

I will be trying it out tonight and I can't wait to see how it works.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.