Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Amanda, Mommy to Garrett. Garrett is 17 months and I am now considering trying out cloth diapers. I have bought a few fuzzi bunz, and cannot wait to try them out. I work full time, but am looking forward to using cloth at home.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love our fuzzi bunz! We even use them at day care and our daycare provider loves them too. We use cpf's and covers at home but we are thinking of going to fuzzi bunz all the time when our dd gets into the next size up. Hope you enjoy it here.

Oh . . . it IS addicting.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts

welcome

FB are great diapers especially for daycare and for running around town. The little boy I used to do daycare for used them and they were so easy to use.
We use prefolds because they are cheaper, but FB are great. Hope you enjoy cloth!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jacque. I was getting nervous because I was viewing posts and did not see a lot of fb users. Glad to know there is someone else out there. I cannot wait until I get mine! I want them NOW. I do want to try some cpf and covers...but I haven't actually researched that avenue yet (I just started looking last Thursday).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome Amanda! I think you'll really like FBs. Although inevitably you'll want to branch out and try other styles and prints, and fabric, etc. It is a lot of fun though
Take a look at my slideshow about cloth diapers, www.washkofamily.com , it is at the bottom of the page. Just a fun little trubute to cloth

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all of you. Do any of you have any suggestions for the prefolds? I am looking for CHEAP! FB are expensive (all at once anyways). I would love to even try and make them myself. I have asked for a sewing machine for Christmas...but I'm a beginner at sewing...don't know how hard cd's could be.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tijja
Welcome Amanda! I think you'll really like FBs. Although inevitably you'll want to branch out and try other styles and prints, and fabric, etc. It is a lot of fun though
Take a look at my slideshow about cloth diapers, www.washkofamily.com , it is at the bottom of the page. Just a fun little trubute to cloth

I LOVED the slide show! Too cute!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

I like Fuzzi Bunz too. I use a wide variety of diapers, including prefolds. I like my dyed CPFs the best - more colorful, but I also like unbleached CPFs. I am clueless about sewing though, so can't help you much in that dept.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have sewn many diapers based on the fb design. I got a few of the fb's and tailored the fit to my dd. I have to tell you that the hardest part is material shopping. Hands down, I recommend going with the Tonitex microfleece and a sandwiched pul. I got the fleece from www.diapershop.com (you have to link a little to find it.) and I got the sandwiched pul from www.diaperfabric.com. I have tried, and didn't like other microfleeces and more durable puls. The more durable pul lasts through washing but like any normal pul, I found it hard to sew. The sandwiched pul is a sinch to sew and is as durable as can be. I believe that the bummies wraps are made from sandwiched pul. Totally worth the money. I also found long prong snaps at www.snapsource.com. I really like them. Most of what my dd wears is what we made.

As far as cpf's go. We use them most of the time at home. I bought 2dozen of the bleached 4x8x4 cpf's and 4 bummies super whisper wraps at www.weebees.com I really recommend them and I LOVE our cpf system. Can't decide which system I like best actuallyl. Oh, I also got a wool soaker for night time and love that. I'm all about simple b/c dh has to help me.

good luck!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobacks2001
Thanks Erin. What are you using? I would like to try a few with the covers, but haven't made it that far. I wanted to try it before I went over board buying stuff.
We got a package from babiesinthesun.com that was one dozen CPF, 2 Bummis SWW covers, and a snappi, and that's been enough for me to CD since then.
(Granted I have to wash every day.. would love to get to an every-other-day wash stash.
) Got our first FuzziBunz yesterday and tried it out last night and it worked like a dream (we stuffed it with the insert and a prefold and it held up fine for 11 hours, no leaks at all.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.