Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Mothering.com. You can read my introduction about myself in the Pleased to Meet You forum.

I started CD'ing my DS when he was 19 mos. He was getting too many rashes from disposables and the $ we were spending was outrageous! He's now 21 mos. and in this short time I have to say this is the best decision we have made regarding him.

We use Diaper Basic (Kooshies) and a prefold with plastic pants over the top. I've gotten my whole supply on eBay. I have 2 dozen Toddler diapers, and 2 dozen + newborns and I have maybe spent $50. Other than the laundry and the shaking of poopy diapers into the toilet, I've really enjoyed CD'ing

I'm anxious to meet some of you and read about your experiences CD'ing.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Hi there and welcome!

You know, your post could almost be mine....I had almost an identical startup for about that same cost, and all off ebay when I first started cd'ing my son! He was 5 mos old when I switched him over to cloth.

I'm glad you're enjoying cd'ing, and agreed about the poos-haven't met a mama yet who likes that part of it,

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizzie3143
welcome!! if you want to keep that cheap budget of only spending $50 total on your diaper stash do not, i repeat...DO NOT READ THIS FORUM!
LOL. Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Welcome! I don't post very much but I do read the boards --I usually post when I have a question or some nuggets of wisdom LOL
BTW, you'd better step away from this board, unless you want cloth diapering to become a *gasp* HOBBY!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.