Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there is another Hypnobirth thread here but it dates back to April which seem like a lifetime ago now! I just started my first class last week and I am VERY excited at the possibilities it offers! I had two very fast births with DS and DD, and I was looking for an approach to help me remain calm during transition. I think Ive hit the jackpot! I'm going to go back and read the other thread too but if anyone else would like to chat about it I'm all ears! :)

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I used the HypnoBabies home study course with my second and third births, and plan on using it again this time round. :) I've been listening to my scripts and practicing finger drops and centering for a month or two now (I find that the relaxation/sleep inducing aspect of the cds is worth it's weight in gold to fight pregnancy insomnia).

My personal experience was that hypnobabies worked like a charm with my 12 hour, more or less by the book vbac... it was uncomfortable, and there was a HECK of a lot of pressure... but never anything I would have called "pain" and I was able to walk around, use all sorts of positions for pushing, and even talk with people as necessary. It didn't work as well with the 4.5 hour birth I had with ds though. It certainly helped during my pregnancy, and it helped me stay calm while facing a birth at a "not very crunchy" hospital, but I'm not sure how much it helped during the actual birthing. I'm sure it helped some, but that birth was just SO intense I doubt anything short of general would have "helped".

I'm hoping for something closer to 8 hours this time round... but know that the hypnobabies will be helping, no matter what! And self-hypnosis for birth programs are the ones I recommend to more or less everyone I know. :) Have you checked out the HypnoBabies yahoo group? It's open to all moms using self hypnosis for birth, not just the ones using HypnoBabies, and it has tons of wonderful birth stories.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I wish that we had a class nearby. I need to just bite the bullet and ordee the homestudy course. It is just so expensive (for me, right now). What do you think about buying used course materials on eBay?

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Check ebay and that hypnobabies yahoo group, and I think there may be reduced price hypnobabies programs on their main website for people who meet certain guidelines (moms can sell their copies back to HypnoBabies, and then they sell those used copies at a reduced price to low income families and military families but I don't know the specific details and I think availability varies). Oh, and maybe the forums here at MDC that are for buying/selling/free?

In terms of HypnoBabies and (I'm pretty sure) HypBirth... they're designed to do on your own or with your partner so as long as a used copy has all the "parts" (the cds, the books, etc) then I can't see where it wouldn't be as good as a new copy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.