Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just responding to the thread about baby registries and got to thinking about the things that I discovered after I had already bought or been given something similar. You know, like the hidden gems.

I love the tummy tub compared to the typical baby bath tub.

I love the BabyBjorn travel crib instead of the pack-n-play. Although, I do love my PeaPod.

I love my BabyHawk and wished I hadn't wasted money on my BabyBjorn

What about you guys? Any finds to share???

·
Registered
935 Posts
That tummy tub is an interesting idea for sure. I don't think I bathed my son often enough to warrant it though. Lots of warm wipe downs over here, but even now not a lot of baths except when summer sand and dirt come into play. Is it available in the US? I didn't see that.

I wish I would have gotten my Ergo sooner. I've heard a lot of people say the infant insert is not that great though, but I got mine when DS was like 18 months old. Still used it a lot even starting that late though. Just wish I'd had it by age 6 months or so I guess.

Wish I would have gotten my Kleen Kanteens sooner and used those with the sippy adapter rather than the crappy (phthalate-loaded I'm sure) BRU sippies I received.

·
Registered
182 Posts
These may sounds obvious, but I really love the changing pad covers that just lay on the top and the crib sheets that are just on the top of the mattress with elastic to secure. They make changing these things so much quicker.

One thing I wish I had not wasted my money on was a co-sleeper. We co-slept for the first 6 months or so with my son and I hardly ever put him in the thing...he was always just in bed with us... so the co-sleeper was a pretty expensive place to store toys and blankets

Also, I wish I had discovered how easy it is to make cloth diapers before I spent a ton on my newborn ones. I use the motherbird pattern (see the diaper maker forum for the site) and have been very pleased. The flannel ones are much like the old style Thirsties, but only cost be about 75 cents to make instead of around $10...plus I can modify them to fit MY baby better.

I do love my Moby wrap. DS never liked the one shoulder slings until he was old enough the sit up-right in them, but the Moby was great from day 1. Vacuming with him in the wrap is still a sure fire way to get him to sleep for nap...but it is getting a bit tough on the back

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddy'sMom View Post
One thing I wish I had not wasted my money on was a co-sleeper. We co-slept for the first 6 months or so with my son and I hardly ever put him in the thing...he was always just in bed with us... so the co-sleeper was a pretty expensive place to store toys and blankets

That's exactly how I felt about my crib for the first year! One big, huge laundry hamper.

·
Registered
146 Posts
the boppy pillow was very helpful, and I took it everywhere with me and used it for all sorts of things.

I think though in general, we have more stuff that I wish we *hadnt* gotten, than stuff I'm really thankful we did get. Mostly I just carried her around, she hated the sling. So maybe a good baby wrap would have been better??

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I loved my "my breast friend" nursing pillow last time. It was kinda ugly, but they have finally come out with a few more colors.

We loved her basinette. We used it till she PT'ed as her changing table. It was well worth the $ for us.

I've seen something similar to that "Tummy Tub" here in the US, though I don't recall the name right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.