Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My daughter is trying to breastfeed and is having problems with her breast stopping up.....it's getting frustrating for her as well as the baby. Can someone please help with this. What can she do to keep this from happening all the time.

I didn't have this problem so I don't know what to tell her except to put hot rags on them.....We are out of ideas.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah,

this trigged a memory of what my midwife told me when my son was still a newborn. Try different positions (football hold is one you can try), try draining one breast at a time etc. I got mastitis when my son went from ramping up his feeding (it was either hot out or he was sick I can't remember) and going cold turkey, he had really learned to run around and was less clingy. Try to express out the blocks (gently of course, you don't want to hurt yourself). If you get an infection the milk will taste bad and the baby will not want to nurse. I think I had a similar issue.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Hello

My daughter is trying to breastfeed and is having problems with her breast stopping up.....it's getting frustrating for her as well as the baby. Can someone please help with this. What can she do to keep this from happening all the time.

I didn't have this problem so I don't know what to tell her except to put hot rags on them.....We are out of ideas.
How are things going?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I second the La Leche League suggestion...hope things are going better! Please tell your daughter to reach out for support from her local LLL leader, it's great to attend meetings regularly even after challenges have been resolved. I go every month, and am nursing baby #5! Nice to have the support & socialization with like-minded moms. Let us know how things are going! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts