Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I met "feather" in the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and she rec'd these boards. Both of us were slinging our babes (DD is 16 mos) and were pleasantly surprised to see a kindred spirit in the local Shaw's!

On a related note, does anyone here know about the Mountain Lauren Sudbury School in New Britain? I just discovered Sudbury Valley education, and apparently this school just opened a couple of years ago. (Wish there was one in Fairfield Co., though).

TIA!

JA (and DD Sofia)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to Stratford! I'm here too - just off Paradise Green. Grew up in town, moved to CA and moved back 9 years ago. Due in a few weeks with #1 for me, #3 for dh (sdd is 13 and sds is 16). If you see a guy in Shaw's during the day with a sling in a few weeks - that would be my dh! He's a SAHD and I work in Norwalk. Great to have another like minded family in Stratford.

Sorry no info about the school in New Britain. PM me anytime - I know the area well - my family is still all around the area and my mom and I are always hunting for new interesting places all over the state.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey there Sofiabugmom!
Glad to see you found your way over here! I am just seeing this for the first time today. We had our move to Thomaston(how horrid it is to move with small children.....) So I have been mostly offline for a month.
Too bad I had to up and move almost an hour away right when I meet the first AP mom in Stratford

*See* you around here

Jenn

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
BUMMER, JUST LOST MY POST!

Anyway, Hello from Stamford!! Glad to see that there are others from Fairfield County! I know there was someone on my "I'm Pregnant" Thread a few months ago that was from Newtown where my parents live.

Anyway, as you can see from my signature, I have a new baby girl who's 7 months old and a spirited 3 1/2 year old boy. They are my whole life and we spend all of our time trapped in these 4 walls of our house!! Looking forward to the nice weather to get out! (we were in Florida all last week when the weather was nice here, go figure!).

Look forward to hearing from you all!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
No, we lived in Stamford most of my life, and then my parents moved to newtown like 6 years ago. (i have a younger brother, he's 11 now)... and they wanted to give him better schools and stuff, so that's why they moved.

Southbury is nice, i love that new restarant there, Something McSomethings... over by the highway... Molly mcbrides?? i forget...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Do you mean Maggie McFly's? I live five minutes down the road from there, next to the boat launch. I've been there a couple times and I'm a big fan of their salads.

Newtown does have a great school system. I had a really good experience there. My mom is currently a teacher at Middle Gate.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Yes!! Maggie McFly's!!! It is great there!! I love the booths!! The food is great and the prices are reasonable...

Yes, my parents love newtown... my mom is a realtor in Newtown and serves the Southbury area as well. We also love to go to the victoria secret and gap there, they are particularly nice ones!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As the OP, I have one thing to say about myself -- "Shame on me!" It's been way too long since I've even had a chance to look at these replies, let alone respond
:

Anyway ... my excuse is that we're moving! Staying in Stratford, but getting a very nice house in a very quiet neighborhood. I've lived on Route 110 for a little too long for my taste.

Grandmasgirl and girliemama -- hi neighbors! If it's okay, I'll try PMing you soon after the move (middle of May).

And, girliemama -- "change the toy's position if you wanna ace the sax"! I love Ernie!

Feather -- I know the moving with small kids (well, "kid" anyway). Thankfully I have a friend who's willing to watch Sofia on moving day. Now I just have the other kid to watch over: DH! How are things up north?

Is anyone here from Fairfield County interested in homeschooling? I'm going to meet the local HS group on a future Wednesday to get to know some of the members. Does anyone else want to join me sometime?

Best to all,

Jeri Ann

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey, do you mean the Between Counties group? If so, I will certainly be meeting you sometime in the near future! My baby is colicky, so I haven't slept much. We don't really get anywhere lately, but I hope to soon. I love park days. We also live very close to Stratford.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, girliemama, that's the one! I think we'll be at Wolfe Park sometime in June -- gotta get into the new house and out from under a mountain of cardboard.

And, eek, I remember the colicky days! Here are some sleep vibes for you and the babe: ***zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz***

Best to all,

JA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.